Recent content by Relle

  1. Relle

    TKR So grateful to have found this community

    @hopalong61 im still envious you live so close to all those amazing holiday destinations. I certainly gave this TKR a lot more consideration than the first. You have to go ahead when you feel ready and that is different for everyone. It is a big commitment mentally, length of time to recover...
  2. Relle

    MUA Steelergal's Recovery Thread

    Hi @Steelergal we had our TKR the same day. I was interested to read how your journey had been so far. A lot happens in just over a week. Every day seems to bring a new trial. Pain relief has been a concern for me as well and my bruising is is continuing to get darker from my knee right down...
  3. Relle

    Revision TKR Motherbone's Recovery Thread

    @Motherbone, so sorry to hear what you've been through. I was looking to see how you where going post op as we were supposed to be getting our TKR on the same day. My issues seem of little consequence in comparison. Hoping rehab is a great experience for you and you can start and make progress.
  4. Relle

    TKR So grateful to have found this community

    Hi @hopalong61 nice to hear from you. Overall I am feeling more optimistic about this TKR than the last. The first couple of days were a bit rough but once the initial trauma of the op and the anaesthetic was out of my system I was feeling good. Unfortunately my leg dropped a couple of days...
  5. Relle

    TKR So grateful to have found this community

    @Carole4815 thanks for your kind words. Hubby's already been to hardware store and bought non slip pads for anything that looks like it can move. We have recently removed all our carpet and polished the floor boards. Silly me didn't even think of the consequences. I'm more annoyed with...
  6. Relle

    TKR So grateful to have found this community

    Have been elevating and icing as well as taking pain meds strictly to the timer. Unfortunately the pain has not improved much and my walking is pretty much back to day one. Pretty sure I gave my knee an MUA without the anaesthetia. Going to my GP today to sort out what pain meds to take at...
  7. Relle

    TKR So grateful to have found this community

    I made the mistake last night of thinking I could do manoeuvre myself off a chair ottamon by myself. Ottamon slipped on the floor and I ended up dropping my operated leg to the floor with a thud and considerable use of choice words. It has been causing me grief ever since. I went from...
  8. Relle

    TKR So grateful to have found this community

    Waiting on discharge from the hospital. Can’t wait. The physio told me if I find myself getting stiffer and having more pain over the next few weeks it’s because I’m not exercising enough. Couldn’t be bothered saying anything, it’s sad that they are still giving that sort of advice. Will...
  9. Relle

    TKR So grateful to have found this community

    @cathyn518 its great to know we are not in it alone. Lack of sleep made me more depressed and honestly I was in a bad way. I’ve learnt the one day at a time works well and sure I will probably have bad times. But together we’ll get there.
  10. Relle

    TKR So grateful to have found this community

    Thanks @Jockette unfortunately I have a history of passing out from pain. But that is behind me. Will definitely take the time and read all the information. I’m already feeling a lot more confident than last time. Hi @kalakeke there was no way I was going back after the first TKR and mua for...
  11. Relle

    TKR So grateful to have found this community

    I’ve made it through the first few days. Surgery was late Monday. Last couple of days have been tough but I’m feeling a lot better this morning. I finally gave the pain under control (passed out twice) and the the after effects of the anaesthetic out of my system. Looking forward to going...
  12. Relle

    The count down is on

    Waiting to go to the hospital. Time is going so slowly and I’d kill for a cup of tea
  13. Relle

    The count down is on

    Love all the support. Getting done in the afternoon so not sure when I’ll be checking back in. Besg wishes for you op @susie2f will talk to everyone soon ❤️
  14. Relle

    The count down is on

    Waiting for a call from the hospital with my admission time for Monday. Feeling apprehensive but wanting to get it over with. Luckily have plans to be out all day tomorrow which only leaves Sunday. Last time I had no idea what to expect, if anything I was a bit blasé going into surgery...
  15. Relle

    The count down is on

    From my experience yes and yes to walking more easily and to less pain. It takes time though. One day at a time.
Back
Top Bottom