Recent content by redsta

  1. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    I had another PT session and I pretty much refused to do anything because both of my knees are not feeling good. My left (PKR) one swelled up 4 days ago and I'm struggling to get it to go down - despite icing, elevating and resting. My right (revision to TKR) one has a click near the head of...
  2. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    I am 5 weeks post-op and on Tuesday my left PKR swelled up. I do not think I did anything to cause this. I am being very careful not to overdo it and am elevating and icing at least three times a day. I am really worried as this is what happened to my right knee at 6 weeks that never came good...
  3. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    Thankyou Sistersinhim - puts my mind at ease a little bit. Fingers crossed. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
  4. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    Thank you Celle yes I am getting very good at not doing repeats of exercises and taking it easy - even when I do that it's often too much. The clicking on the right side is really concerning me. They say it is the hamstring attachments going over the fibula? It does it everytime my knee gets...
  5. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    I know this but it is a requirement. I have to do 10 sessions post surgery it is linked to my insurance (I'm in Australia).It is the rehab clinic attached to the hospital and it is specially set up for HIP and knee rehab ‍♀️
  6. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    I am now 4 weeks post op and I'm going ok. The Left PKR is going quite well and moving smoothly. Bend is 107 and extension is -2 The right TKT is worrying me a bit as there is clicking at the top of the fibula on the back of my calf. It hurts as hamstring tendons go across the fibula. The...
  7. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    Thanks Sara61 yes agreed it is a strange set up for PT. Sometimes I will work with an OT and when my wounds are healed it will be quite a bit of hydrotherapy. But I am definitely going to have to half butt the exercises (totally against my nature) so as not to hurt myself!
  8. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    Hi All, I am 2 weeks post Partial Medial Replacement in my left knee and a revision to total knee replacement in my right. I thought I would document here as going back through my posts has been valuable in actually remembering what happened last time. I am doing well - managing the pain and...
  9. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    Hi Kitty, Sorry to year things are not going well. You posted as a reply in my thread though so it might not get seen by the people that can help. You need to start a new thread if you dont have one or find your thread if u have one already. I hope some people can help
  10. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    Hi there, I had a right knee arthroscopy about August 2018, Medial Partial KR February 2019, Revision to Right Knee (partial now a full), medial partial to my left knee April 2020. Thanks for the birthday wishes
  11. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    Hi all, I had my surgery today - it was supposed to be 1st of April but got put back due to COVID - I got the call Tuesday and had surgery today (Thursday). I had a revision to my right knee (had a PKR Feb 2018) and a partial knee replacement done on my left knee. I am 38 - 39 tomorrow - Happy...
  12. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    There are no guarantees - there never are - I have an appointment on the 26th of Feb and I will once again question the partial. I have decided not to opt for a second opinion at this point because at the end of the day they will either agree with him - happy days or disagree and then I still...
  13. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    Hi there, Yes I was concerned about the left pkr too - I've pushed my surgeon pretty hard on it and he is certain partial is the way to go and has a plan in place to ensure it goes better. My right Partial - I had excellent function but unfortunately at the three month mark the pain stayed the...
  14. R

    2020 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    I will be having last years Partial Knee Replacement changed to a Full Knee Replacement in my right knee and a partial knee replacement done on my left knee on either the 1st or 2nd of April.
  15. R

    Revised PKR to TKR +PKR - Redsta Recovery

    Hi @zab my knee is improving but it is slow...2nd week at work went better than the first which is a good sign - although I managed to find time to sit a bit more than my first week. I've been managing to take my kids to the park again most days which is a simple pleasure that we had all been...
Back
Top Bottom