Recent content by Redr

  1. Redr

    TKR Night time knee fireworks!

    Hi everyone, I hope you are well. Has anyone tried acupuncture in regard to ROM after TKR? I'm at 5 weeks post Op and at 60°. My PT doesn't think my surgeon will be happy for my 6 week check up! Regards R
  2. Redr

    TKR Night time knee fireworks!

    No need to apologise, unfortunately I have an auto immune disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. It's an inflammatory disease causing inflammation all over the body. I used to lose power in one or both legs but luckily with a diagnosis(which took ten years) I self inject and it keeps it at bay...
  3. Redr

    TKR Night time knee fireworks!

    Great to know I'm not losing my mind, enjoy those stretches
  4. Redr

    TKR Night time knee fireworks!

    I find that trying to stretch out my body usually sets off the strangest if not sore sensation in my knee!
  5. Redr

    TKR Night time knee fireworks!

    Hi folks, Does anyone find it impossible to have a full body stretch after tkr? Weird question but hey! R
  6. Redr

    TKR Night time knee fireworks!

    Hi everyone, I had my right TKR on October 15th. Every couple of nights I am awoken, often shouting for help, with a feeling of an "explosion" in my knee. I don't know if my leg bends and my terrible range of motion is triggered or is it a nerve thing? All I know is, it's excruciating! Thanks...
  7. Redr

    TKR Night time knee fireworks!

    Hi Larryhg3, thanks for the advice. It came just as I was laying down and wondering if I should be doing something! And I should, ice is on the way . Again thank you and chat again . R
  8. Redr

    TKR Night time knee fireworks!

    Hey Forbesy, I'm getting staples and stitches out on Wednesday, can't wait for it. Hopefully I can start bending my knee properly. I've had to hire a CPM machine to help me along . I hope you're doing well! R
  9. Redr

    TKR Night time knee fireworks!

    Hi, Thank you very very much for getting back to me, reading what I've read already has hit so many chords, I thought the surgeon had put my bladder beside my eye . Already I feel not so alone, Regards and thank you, R
  10. Redr

    TKR Night time knee fireworks!

    Hi! , First time user of this forum. I had TKR 15/10/18, two weeks on Monday . I am floating between exercise and rest, am I doing enough of either . I can't sit down yet so I am stuck in my bed away from my wife and family. I'm not used to being idle, 41 has not turned out as I thought it...
Back
Top Bottom