Recent content by redduke

  1. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @3rd Dislocation Thanks for the Christmas greetings. Hugs passed on to the 2 dalmations. I go for short walks with them in the garden now. God willing that the New Year is a good and healthy one for all.
  2. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    Happy Christmas and the very best of health to all at Bonesmart and the contributors.
  3. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @3rd Dislocation Hi 3rd, The oil is really soothing....goes on twice a day - though it's not really Chanel No 5. It keeps the dogs at a distance for a while too which is a good thing as they seem to want to lean against my operated side. 13 stiches out 2 days ago and the last 10 are coming...
  4. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @Kay9 You are right...it's a balance between recovery and living! Yep....I certainly don't want that ultimate "omg" and as you say it's pretty rare (poor 3rd dislocation). But I'm pretty upbeat the further into the recovery I go and I've started getting interest back for my hobbies. I'm even...
  5. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @3rd Dislocation It's great not having to rely on anybody to get in and out of bed. The green shoots of independence are pushing through! One thing I have noticed is that I have some black marks/bruises appearing in the lower part of my right leg. They do not cause me pain but I will point...
  6. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @Laceylake The site definately works for me, thank-you. I have no questions at the moment but had a good night's sleep last night when it was suggested on this site to use a belt to help me get my operated leg in and out of bed. That was a godsend, really. I don't have to wake the house up now...
  7. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @3rd Dislocation Hello! I had the physio in yesterday and he has given me some relatively light exercises to do over the next couple of days until his return. He seemed to think I was in good shape and was very positive about how I would see improvements very soon. My "fur buddies" like him a...
  8. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    thanks @pumpkin and @Jamie on how to use the forum
  9. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @3rd Dislocation Hello again, I just use slip-on slippers for the moment and I bought some slip-on shoes prior to the op just so I could dress myself using a shoe horn. Hopefully I can use the shoes after a couple of weeks of improvement. Something else has come up unfortunately. I had the...
  10. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @Jaycey I'll try out the dog leash and bathrobe belt later. I had to get out of be twice last night for the call of nature and I have undone some of the good work of the last couple of days by using my good leg to lift the leg of the replacement side in and out of the bed. The dull pain at the...
  11. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @Pumpkln Thanks for letting me know about the nurse and yes I am getting important information from this site... Can I ask you a couple of questions please? 1) Can I get notification on my personal email account when there has been activity on my threads? 2) How do I send a private message...
  12. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @3rd Dislocation Thanks for the pic of the leg lifter. Presumably when getting into bed you get your good in first then use the lifter to get the operated leg in. I’ll have a scout around for one of those and speak to the local pharmacist about it. I am glad you have the brace off and...
  13. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @3rd Dislocation Hello, I am taking it VERY carefully since the dislocation as no one is sure why it dislocated in the first place. I will put a towel roll under the knee of the side of the replacement as currently my leg is just flay at night and feels fairly stiff for the first few steps...
  14. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @sharonslp Hi Sharon, Thanks for the all the links and especially the mantras. As you say, I am at the beginning of the recovery phase but I am unfortunately impatient by nature.! I have already had one shot across the bows so that has forced me to slow down and I can now rest for a while...
  15. R

    THR Post-op problem - dislocation

    @shiv01 Hi shiv, Thanks for that info from your nurse. Edema/oedema – when you say “elevated”, what does that mean when sitting down? Just as high as possible presumably? I’ll search out what Josephine and Jaycey say on the subjecy of elevation and icing. Getting in/out of bed. They showed...
Back
Top Bottom