Recent content by rebel

  1. R

    New decade, new hip, new life.

    Just over three weeks now. I've got Assoc Prof Paul Smith in Canberra doing the op. I've got a question on recovery. I'm getting a bone graft to extend my shallow acetebelum (to be taken from the femoral head). How does that really affect weight bearing in recovery And a kind of silly...
  2. R

    Introducing myself

    Hiya - good luck. You're having yours done a week before me. I was doing TKD until my hip got bad, then I stopped when I injured my hip flexors, then my arthritis just got bad so I haven't really gone back to my dojang. Every doctor I've seen, orthopaedic or otherwise, has thought I was nuts...
  3. R

    New decade, new hip, new life.

    Hi all. Thanks for the advice. I'm really enjoying this forum. There's lots if useful information available! Another question I have is related to the bone graft I'll need, I presume this affects my weight bearing capacity in the early weeks post-op particularly as it'll be used to extend my...
  4. R

    New decade, new hip, new life.

    Hi there I'm thirty (f) and was told I need a THR-L by my orthopaedic surgeon. I had developmental dysplasia as a kid and had surgery then, but it left me with a slight limp, and general pain when I walked over 5km (which has gotten worse over the years). I've always been obese too, as a kid...
Back
Top Bottom