Recent content by rebekah

  1. R

    THR Done yesterday. Pretty discouraged.

    It occurred to me this morning that this could be plain old caffeine withdrawal.‍♀️ I only had one or two cups a day, but they were strong. Coffee was making me nauseous, so I was skipping it. Maybe a small cup will take care of that, although I would possibly be over a caffeine detox about now...
  2. R

    THR Done yesterday. Pretty discouraged.

    :heehee:Peed in a Kleenex box. Serves them right. I am just not doing that windshield wiper exercise. I am dreading her coming tomorrow. One thing at a time though. Anyone know why my head hurts so bad?? Headache is not listed as a side-effect of Dilaudid and I can’t imaging the Tylenol doing...
  3. R

    THR Done yesterday. Pretty discouraged.

    Thank you everyone! The second night, that nurse asked to switch me to Dilaudid. She came in like clockwork. That worked so much better and I got some good rest! My BP held at 75/43 or higher, so they got me moving and sent me home yesterday! BP has been 80s/50s, so I have taken the turn. My...
  4. R

    THR Done yesterday. Pretty discouraged.

    Everything went great. PT came and I did super about 6 hours out. At 9 hours, I was in trouble. I am not sure if I underestimated the amount of discomfort, but I seriously overestimated my pain control options. Tylenol every 6 hours, oxy if I ask for it, something else if those don’t work. I...
  5. R

    Shock and discouragement regarding my surgery

    Thank you all for the wonderful advice and stories! Monday was my last day at work, and I had a list of things to wrap up. Well, Saturday one of our employees was killed in a hit and run accident. We are all devastated. The thought of things not going smoothly at work in my absence got a serious...
  6. R

    Shock and discouragement regarding my surgery

    Do you also experience shock, immediately followed by discouragement when you talk about your surgery? I am fighting an uphill battle with some important people in my life. I get advice on alternatives to replacement, sometimes treatments that aren’t even for hips. Hip and knee alternatives...
  7. R

    Don't be like me and wait too long!

    You hang in there!
Back
Top Bottom