Recent content by Reanda

  1. R

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Hi everyone, I've had an XRay of my hip which was viewed by an orthopaedic practitioner (I didn't get to see him/her) and I was told they could not observe any damage. Whilst that is good news in itself, I was told an XRay would not pick up any loosening, and that would only be seen on an MRI...
  2. R

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Hi all, thanks so much for your comments, from what you've said, the fact that I may not have loosened the implant or done major damage is reassuring and I've calmed down a bit. I will do as Eman 85 suggests, treat the hip as I did post op. Maybe it is just disturbed and jarred tissues, which...
  3. R

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Hi fellow hippies! I havnt posted for many months but now find myself wanting some support or advice. It's been 19 months since my op and the bothersome discomfort I suffered for most of the first year did reduce and things continued to improve after the 12 month mark, although not perfect...
  4. R

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Aw thank you Layla - and thank you and others for all your advice and support over the months. I have so valued having this forum, it has taken the edge off my worries and some despairing moments when I've not been progressing well. I will still post from time to time, I've been quiet as I've...
  5. R

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Hi fellow Hippies, Its been more than 2 months since my last update so I wanted to post how things are doing. Its now 11 months since my THR. It has definitely been a long journey for me, not everyone takes this long to recover and become pain free, but I can say - and I hope I'm not jinxing...
  6. R

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Hi CricketHip, Thanks for responding and it's interesting you had similar groin pain and you believe it may be due to hip flexor impingement. Mine may also be that. It does really hurt when moving at certain angles abruptly. It's good to hear that you are not plagued by that problem now. Gives...
  7. R

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Hi Klassy, yes, blue sky and occasional fluffy cloud, and perfect temperature (23c). (good for parties but some rain would be helpful as everything is bone dry..). Hope your garden is surviving OK and thanks for your encouraging words.
  8. R

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Hi everyone, thought I'd post an update on how I'm doing as I'm 9 months in 5 days time. Certainly there's improvement from my last posts which reading through I can see my level of pain/discomfort was really bothering me even at 7.5 months. Well now it's over a month later, I am noticing the...
  9. R

    THR Still in pain

    Hello Alice D, at 2 months I also had a limp and pain. This was also the case at 4 months. . I was so anxious about it I insisted on an XRay at 5 months and was relieved to to be told my new hip is sound. It's the injured muscles that are still recovering. I am now at nearly 8 months, and...
  10. R

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Thanks for offering advice hhhoray. The stretching you refer to, I do stretch, or attempt to stretch every day but my operated leg strikes up immediately with pain in front thigh. Really horrid so I don't push that, and only stretch so far. I can do side bends, and touch toes without pain. It's...
  11. R

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Posting as I need an outlet to vent frustration! As much as I am determined to do 'normal' things like shopping, short walks, play with grandkids, basic housework etc it's SO hard when the soreness and heavyness just makes me want to sit down. I'm told my muscles are the problem, and they HURT...
  12. R

    THR Exhaustion 5 months after THR

    Hello Zangmo, sorry to hear you are depressed about your recovery not going as well as you would have wished. But even for me at 7 months I still get discomfort and some pain in the areas you mention and I've only in recent weeks started to skip a daytime nap! For you with Chronic Fatigue...
  13. R

    THR Diary of my journey to happy times

    Ooo sorry you have covid Klassy. And hope the symptoms remain quite mild. I have also got symptoms the same as you describe with nasty cough and feeling unwell. However 4 times the test said negative. That's over a 10 day period. I'm still unwell but actually wish it was covid to get it out of...
  14. R

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    It's 32c here! - I've retreated to an air-conditioned cafe!, with some iced coffee.
  15. R

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Hi everyone, thought I'd do an update at 7 months post op as to where I am with this continuing discomfort. Well I had my acupuncture session 3 weeks ago which involved tiny needles inserted into my ear, 7 in the right ear and 6 in the left. A bit ouch but not too bad. The ouch ones were on the...
Back
Top Bottom