Recent content by rbrad9753

  1. rbrad9753

    Knee Infection Low grade infection 6 years after TKR

    Update, I had my appointment with my OS yesterday and he wants me to continue with 500 MG of Keflex, 4 times a day, for two more weeks then stop completely for two weeks. I have another appointment at the end of June where my OS will remove fluid from my knee again and have it tested for the...
  2. rbrad9753

    Knee Infection Low grade infection 6 years after TKR

    Thank you Karri for your support.
  3. rbrad9753

    Knee Infection Low grade infection 6 years after TKR

    Today is the day of my appointment with my OS and my wife and I have decided to go forward with the 2 stage surgery. I'm hoping that I do not have to wait too long to be scheduled for the procedure. Are there any things that I should be prepping for? I will post again as soon as I have more...
  4. rbrad9753

    Knee Infection Low grade infection 6 years after TKR

    Thank you all for your responses. The more information I receive makes this process go a lot easier. There are so many mixed emotions going on in my head. I am faced with being out of work for 6 months or more, trying to live on the 60% pay I would receive on short and long term disability. This...
  5. rbrad9753

    Knee Infection Low grade infection 6 years after TKR

    I just got back from my appointment and I was told that I have a staphylococcus epidermis infection in my knee joint. I was given 500 MG of keflex to take every 6 hours. I have a follow up in 2 weeks. My doctor said that I'll either have a two stage surgery or suppressing antibiotics for the...
  6. rbrad9753

    Knee Infection Low grade infection 6 years after TKR

    Thank you all for the information you have shared with me. I will find out more on my infection this afternoon at my appointment with my OS. I will post again with any new information. Thank you, Bob
  7. rbrad9753

    Knee Infection Low grade infection 6 years after TKR

    Hello, I have just been diagnosed with a low grade infection inside my left knee that was replaced 6 years ago. Up until now I have had absolutely no issues with my knee. My knee started to click and pop suddenly and it seems to be getting worse. I have a continuous low ache going on at the...
Back
Top Bottom