Recent content by rah2435

  1. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    Thanks @Layla. yes one month. Knee is looking a LOT better. Still some swelling but not nearly like it was two weeks ago. It is still warm and sore around the knee..but.. one month! I guess that's ok. Thanks everyone.
  2. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    Thanks @mendogal. Weird that me ankle is swollen more than me knee. My knee is still a bit swollen and warm to the touch - I do accept that this is normal.
  3. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    I'm just about a month out now and recovery seems to be going well. Range of motion is fantastic. Less pain. I have been getting some swelling in my ankle and foot. A good bit actually. This seems to be coinciding with me finally sitting at my desk longer and bring my legs down more. I'm...
  4. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    thanks @eaglemom - I have a followup on the 30th of this month,
  5. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    @Jockette - Tuesday Oct 15th.
  6. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    @Pumpkin and @EalingGran good advice. Patience is so difficult sometimes. I know I need to get my quad strength back. The knee feels unstable still - but differently. The front of the quad is REALLY sore. and weak. Maybe my quads were weakened from the instability i had. I moved back...
  7. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    Well everyone - i guess I need to more this thread to the post-op area. I went ahead with the spacer swap in right knee. Surgery was performed last week - Oct 15th. According to surgeon operation was a success. Thicker spacer (13?) was put in and surgeon is confident the knee will be more...
  8. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    thank you again @EalingGran. I've tried a lot of strengthening exercise over the years. Until a few months ago I was doing regular 3x a week PT. I really haven't been doing much lately except a bit of Qigong. Maybe a more isolated exercise routine aimed at things like the VMO would...
  9. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    thanks @Pumpkin I appreciate your opinion. Yeah - bad knees will have a debilitating effect on your back - your entire body. The issue is, what is causing the instability and how can I correct it - if at all. I am looking into HSS on-line. A note - I noticed that the surgeon...
  10. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    @Layla Wow! thanks very much!
  11. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    @Jockette - thanks for your reply. I think we've talked before...hmmm. Anyway - I was tested for metal allergies years ago after my first TKR. There were issues and I suspected everything. Seems like it was mostly due to femoral nerve damage .. at least at the time. I also came out of the...
  12. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    thanks so much @EalingGran . It is a difficult decision. More operations make my head spin. I just want to stand and walk! ( can stand and walk but not much. I play guitar in a band. I love this - it's a big part of my life. Playing out lately has been soooo difficult. I...
  13. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    Thanks for your input @EalingGran. My question is should I get a new spacer in my left knee or should I get a laminectomy at L4-L5? After my last post I've seen both my spine surgeon again and my TKR surgeon. They are both in the same practice. The spine surgeon tells me that the a...
  14. rah2435

    Revision TKR Instability Question

    Hello Bonesmarties, So, I've been away for a few years now. Hello everyone. I have a major issue I'm going through right now that I'm hoping someone on this forum may be able to assist. I have two TKRs - the left knee was revised twice, once for a spacer swap and the other for a...
Back
Top Bottom