Recent content by quiltlady

  1. Q

    TKR First time TKR at 45 years old.

    Hi everyone , it has been three weeks today. One issue that started today is that my entire knee has turned red and is burning up. Is this something I should call my doctor about?
  2. Q

    TKR First time TKR at 45 years old.

    Thanks for all the advice yesterday- I took pain meds, iced and elevated all night and it was the best night of sleep I have had in a while. Thanks so much!
  3. Q

    TKR First time TKR at 45 years old.

    Hi Faith, You did hear right, this is the 9th surgery on my left knee- this is the first TKR though. Here they are in order: ACL repair- due to injury while playing ball 1 thermal shrinkage- mistake made in Bangkok (I went in for a meniscus repair and they decided my ACL was too loose, so...
  4. Q

    TKR First time TKR at 45 years old.

    Thanks everyone, I think you are probably right- no need to be in pain!
  5. Q

    TKR First time TKR at 45 years old.

    Thanks icep707, I am 2.5 weeks post surgery ;)
  6. Q

    TKR First time TKR at 45 years old.

    That's good info iceman and KarriB. I have been trying to continue to ice it and elevate. I have been cutting back on pain meds even though it still hurts because I am concerned they will run out- I am not sure I feel comfortable asking for more from my doc if I run out.
  7. Q

    TKR First time TKR at 45 years old.

    I am 2.5 weeks always from surgery and feeling pretty good. The biggest issue I have is with sleep. I can't seem to find a good position to sleep that makes my knee feel reasonable. This is the 9th surgery on my left knee so I am hopeful that this one will help me keep up with my teenage...
Back
Top Bottom