Recent content by quicklabs

  1. Q

    TKR Pecanpie's recovery thread<

    Yep. Doctors here are extremely stingy with pain meds. I am almost out of my three week supply and I know that they will be reluctant to refill them. Need something to get me through the nights, which have been truly awful.
  2. Q

    TKR Quicklab's recovery: the second time is the charm.

    Three weeks out now. The knee is doing great! But yesterday, unrelenting back pain has flared up. I do have a lot of arthritis in my lower back, but have never had such problems as this for awhile. Can't find a comfortable position and can't sleep. Of course, all the gain made in a nice...
  3. Q

    TKR Quicklab's recovery: the second time is the charm.

    I am mostly mad at myself today that I did not enforce my own rules and set limits. Through the tears and great pain, I continued to try to cooperate even when I said I reached well past the limit. That one is on me. My sleep went from 10 hours of night without PT to less than 4 since I...
  4. Q

    TKR Quicklab's recovery: the second time is the charm.

    With my first TKR, it seemed as if it took many weeks to do this. Crazy numbers of reps on the exercises as well. I am really hurting tonight. I don't plan to do much of anything outside of short walks and ADLs tomorrow.
  5. Q

    TKR Quicklab's recovery: the second time is the charm.

    Day 9. PT was far too long. 75 minutes worth of exercises. On the bike for the first time. Rode .75 miles in 10 minutes. Then one exercise after the other, some with a 1 lbs weight. When we got to straight leg raises, I began to cry and told them that I would not allow anyone to break my...
  6. Q

    TKR Quicklab's recovery: the second time is the charm.

    For how long and at what rate do we need to keep icing?
  7. Q

    TKR Quicklab's recovery: the second time is the charm.

    Whoop. Did a bit too much yesterday, I think. Pain kept me up through the night. Still trying to find the sweet spot of rest and activity. Seems like those lessons are learned mostly the hard way.
  8. Q

    TKR Quicklab's recovery: the second time is the charm.

    Day 7 - I took two ten minute walks down my block today. Felt so good to MOOOOOOOOOOVE! I noticed coming down the driveway incline that the knife-like pain that used to cut into my knee so badly is GONE. Did my ADLs--showered, dressed and today was able to get on both shoes and socks by...
  9. Q

    MUA Steelergal's Recovery Thread

    Wishing you well!
  10. Q

    TKR Quicklab's recovery: the second time is the charm.

    I just talked to the on-call doc. He recommended that I increase fiber to increase bulk.
  11. Q

    TKR Quicklab's recovery: the second time is the charm.

    I know that many people suffer from constipation with use of opioid medicines. I am having the exact opposite problem. To put it as delicately as I can, I seem to be setting some kind of personal best record in output at least 3 or 4 times a day. I am not taking any Colace, Senekot or any...
  12. Q

    TKR Quicklab's recovery: the second time is the charm.

    Wow~ I had 10 hours of almost uninterrupted sleep last night. I can easily sleep on my side. Today, I will make it a priority to take 2 mg Dilaudid about an hour before I do my gentle exercises. If it weren't roughly the temperature of the sun outside, I would love to sit outside, but there...
  13. Q

    TKR Quicklab's recovery: the second time is the charm.

    Day 4. Rough day emotionally. I am so irritable and teary, even though my physical recovery is progressing beyond my wildest dreams. This feels crazy to me.
  14. Q

    TKR knee stiffness two years post-op

    So agree. My ROM got so much better after I stopped PT. I think it is still improving five years out!
  15. Q

    TKR Quicklab's recovery: the second time is the charm.

    Thank you, Celle! Feeling so good, it's scary.
Back
Top Bottom