Recent content by Pyrite

  1. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    I am ....close.... to being able to do a full revolution on my bike but it's still VERY painful at the top position. I'd like to get a stationary bike that adjusts ...tall enough... to work into a full revolution on the real bike. I don't want one with a TV or anything fancy attached. I'll get...
  2. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    I like to relate it so people with Type 2 diabetes can know that less carbs and some exercise can remove the curse of diabetes. :loll:
  3. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    It's a bear not being able to take opiate pain killers. I did figure out the solution to the bike though. My bike is a folder and I brought it in the house where I can easily put it next to the bed and get on it and move it manually back and forth and thus get the pedal revolution. I think a...
  4. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    Today I'm going to further investigate that static trainer for bike. My bike is a Trek and the hubs don't fit in most static trainers. I think I'll visit a welding shop. I know what WOULD work but so far haven't found one ready off-the-shelf. I may even go get a junk bike at the dump and...
  5. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    I have some prescribed orthotics. Plastic or fiberglass. I have no clue what the problem is. It's been since I was a kid and had to wear ...ugh...High top shoes. :gaah: I constantly turned my ankles. Maybe I need a new exam. The orthotics are fairly old and never did much for the...
  6. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    That sounds good! :)
  7. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    The elliptical again works my ankles and those have been a lifelong misery.
  8. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    Okay, I'm still alive. Kinda. :dubious: It's at the 2 1/2 month mark now. I....think..... I won't regret the surgery, but won't make any promises. I really want to ride my bike. :badspidy: I have flat flat FLAT feet and bad ankles and can NOT walk. I've tried. 3 blocks on concrete and...
  9. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    Why not? I have a physical therapist. :rotfl:
  10. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    One thing I have discovered this week is the medicinal application of ................Rum and Coke !!! :heehee: Plus it is way more effective after 5 weeks teetotaling. :loveshwr:
  11. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    SusieShoes, a question. If I wait until it's relatively painless and then go to PT wouldn't that be about what I did? I was feeling REALLY pretty good and then went and had it wrecked. Wouldn't giving it a LONG time to get better just make any PT adjustment or exercise that much MORE painful?
  12. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    Great link. Thanks Celle. He did GREAT stuff the first time. So much so that I actually thought I was ..."well" It's my fault for not stopping him this last time. I'm still pondering the next appt. Will most likely cancel and quit him. :) :-) (: THREE DAYS BACK ON THE WALKER after a week...
  13. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    REWARD! I will pay $5000 for the hide of the PT who forced my knee straight on Monday. :hairpulling: I will pay $10,000 if you bring him in kneecapped. This has GOT to stop. I sent an email to the surgeon about maybe QUITTING the physical therapy as every time I think I can "see the light...
  14. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    Boy is that the truth! Last night I rigged up a new elevation setup and today I can not only stand, but also walk around the house without the walker. No skipping rope yet though. :loll: What a grand feeling progress can be.
  15. P

    TKR Anyone have a good stationary bike?

    The "mauling" felt GOOD. I could feel my knee loosen up. It was like a hard foot rub and I actually enjoyed it. The very next day I had full movement and very little pain. It was while I was feeling so good that I did the first episode of exercises. THOSE are what has me disabled right...
Back
Top Bottom