Recent content by Punkin

  1. P

    4 Wks Out RKRP Polio leg

    I had that same back/sciactia pain you're having with my second knee replacement. It lasted quite a little while. Deep tissue massages from the PT person did seem to help some and then I used a chiropractor after that for a while and eventually it got better. But I think it just takes time...
  2. P

    4 Wks Out RKRP Polio leg

    Glad to hear you are doing well.......and YES, believe it or not you will eventually sleep again! The soft tissue trauma just makes it so hard to find a comfortable position for quite awhile.
  3. P

    Home from the OS appointment

    Yes, I have been on Mobic before. It did seem to help, but make sure to take it with food to minimize the stomach effects. I eventually did have a problem with it after several years, but I also had gotten careless about making sure to take it with food at that time. Currently I take...
  4. P

    Polio and TKR

    Yes, feel free to private message me anytime and especially after your surgery so I can keep up with your recovery! There have been a couple other polio people post on here before....have you put polio in the search feature for this forum??
  5. P

    Polio and TKR

    Gracious, sounds like you've had your fair share of problems. I consider myself one of the luckier ones so far. I was only 3 so I don't remember hardly anything about the actual polio, but age is startiing to take it's toll I'm thinking!
  6. P

    Polio and TKR

    Yes I was able to use a lot of cold therapy (had a Breg Polar Care machine) but I do not have diabetes. Fusion has not been advised by anyone yet, but I have yet to really find a doctor really interested in my issues. Guess those doctors went the way of the dinosaurs too! What area of the...
  7. P

    Polio and TKR

    Yes, I had polio as a child in 1952. I also have drop foot on affected leg (but haven't had the fusion and very weak leg muscles. However, I've had both knees replaced and recovered very well....in fact even better than some "normal" people that were going thru rehab at the same time. It does...
  8. P

    Recovery time before 2nd knee at 65

    Yes, I think your timeline is good....mine were about 3 months apart and I did just fine.
  9. P

    So Much PAIN

    I asked my surgeon about the fever in the knee and he said I could possibly have that for up to a year, but that just meant that it was still healing.
  10. P

    How far apart for the second TKR?

    My surgeon suggested 6-8 weeks apart, but I opted for 3 months and personally am really glad I waited the extra time. Seems like I did a lot of healing during the 2 to 3 month period, so it made rehabbing the second knee much easier for me.
  11. P

    Living alone after surgery

    My surgeon said we could do the second knee as soon as 6 or 8 weeks, but I waited 3 months and am really happy with that amount of time. It seems to me there was quite a bit of improvement during that extra month I waited and I for one was thankful for that.
  12. P

    IT Band info needed.....

    Can those of you in the "know" describe your pain/problems associated with IT band troubles??
  13. P

    LTKR tomorrow, wrestling with my mind today

    NewKnee....as I said before my day is tomorrow also.....they called and said to come in at 8:00 am. What's your time??? Last time I was to report at 11:00 am, so after getting there, getting checked in, and in the prep room with hospital gown and cap on already....the nurse comes in and says...
  14. P

    2nd TKR next week & getting the jitters

    NewKnee! We're almost twins! Had my first on 6-16-10 and doing the second the same day as yours!!! I'm getting nervous too, but I think maybe a little less than the first time.....what's the old saying...better the devil you know than the devil you don't (or something like that). Good luck...
  15. P

    September Sapphires 2010 (Knees) - Turning Leaves with Surgery In September

    Re: September Sapphires (Knees) - Turning Leaves with Surgery In September Yep! Going in for knee #2 on September 8!
Back
Top Bottom