Recent content by PugMumma

  1. P

    Revision THR Hip revision revovery

    Thanks so much! The links above are really helpful Mum came home yesterday evening. She's exhausted but happy to be back in her own warm bed. Her pain is well controlled and she's walking with a walker or crutches - just from bedroom to bathroom and back but slow and steady.
  2. P

    Revision THR Hip revision revovery

    Hi everyone, I posted here a few years ago as my mum was due to have hip revision surgery. She finally had surgery last Wednesday. She lost a lot of blood and her BP plummeted and she ended up ventilated in ICU. It's been a scary and stressful few days but she is awake, sitting up and took her...
  3. P

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery

    Thank you for asking after mum. She will need bypass surgery unfortunately. She had a second angiogram today which showed up lots of fatty/calcium build up and the Dr said that her best option, given her relatively young age and relatively good health, would be an operation. He said that he...
  4. P

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery

    I just wanted to update you as you have all been kind enough to offer advice and support, which I am very grateful for. Mum was meant to have her surgery today. As above, she decided it wasn't the right time. And thank goodness she did because she had a heart attack this morning. I was at...
  5. P

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery

    We saw the surgeon today. Mum still isn't feeling 100% and has decided to postpone the surgery. The surgeon said that she must go with her gut feeling and if she isn't sure then not to go ahead. He said that the revision will be major surgery, her femur will break due to the thinness of the...
  6. P

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery

    Jaycey, yes that's what I was thinking. Mum is feeling very uncertain about the surgery now. She's still not feeling 100% and feels the whole thing has been rushed. She felt pressured by the surgeon to agree to the op last Friday. She didn't feel mentally prepared when she agreed to it. The...
  7. P

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery

    Thank you Jaycey, I know you're right but the worry is still there. Unfortunately we have just found out that mum has been in contact with someone over the weekend who is now unwell and suspect for covid. We are trying to contact her surgeon as she is due to meet with him tomorrow because now...
  8. P

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery

    Unfortunately the surgeon said that spinal and sedation is not an option for my mum due to the length of the surgery
  9. P

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery

    Thank you Pumpkin, the date of surgery is 16th September
  10. P

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery

    Thank you both ❤️ She is most worried about not coming round from the anesthesia. I'm worried about this too although I'm trying to keep positive for her. I'm trying to get a list together of questions to ask the surgeon when we see him on Tuesday. Her surgery is scheduled for Wednesday...
  11. P

    Revision THR Hip revision surgery

    Hello, I'm so glad to have found this forum! I've actually joined on behalf of my mother. She is 69 and due to have hip revision surgery next week. She had the initial hip replacement about 15 years ago, and the stem and cup have both become loose. She has a big difference in leg length and a...
Back
Top Bottom