Recent content by PrincessMay

  1. PrincessMay

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    Limitless lemon - ditto what beckylou said: yes, yes, yes. It feels like I'm sitting on a little golf ball sometimes - it doesn't exactly hurt - but it's annoying. I believe it's the last of the bone healing - where they sawed it off. :sick: One of the "Time to heal" documents in the library...
  2. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    Okay - I was getting depressed and discouraged - problems getting a good night sleep and this annoying pain in the center of my hip that won't go away. So I went to the "Library" and found the Where are you in THR Recovery...
  3. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    LeeApril26 - Yes - I too love that "trajectory of improvement" thing. @zauberflöte - and on Friday's I have a Free-Five-Shot-Friday-Latte. By then my husband and I have purchased enough coffee's to earn a free one - and I usually take it on Friday. Once they accidentally gave me 6 - and...
  4. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    Ladies (LeeApril26 Peaches) - don't make me dig up Josephine's article on how long it takes the various tissues to heal. We are doing great. The limping will come and go - and one day it will just go! And if it doesn't just go...that's what a good PT person is for - to teach us to walk normal...
  5. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    Peaches LeeApril26 and @zauberflote - I think we are talking about the tummy muscle that is really hard to get to that my pre-surgery PT person discussed with me when we were trying to wake up dormant muscles to help my poor exhausted hip-flexor (psoas) muscle move my damaged hip. To find it...
  6. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    Poppet - oh yeah baby! You are so right - and I know it. I was up and down all night with the ice. I'm struggling through the last hour of the last day of my second week at work...whew.
  7. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    LeeApril26 - OH my gosh - YES - I had forgotten about the tightening of the abs thing. I used to do that ALL the time before the surgery. It was almost the only way I could move. I'm going to start doing that again. Thanks! I tell you what - I might need to be more careful of who I follow...
  8. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    Peaches - well, I have noticed that I pretty much break the 90 degree rule now, every day, all day long. From what Josephine has posted - I believe it's okay. My understanding from her posts were that your body will tell you when the restrictions need to be observed, and when they can start to...
  9. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    anitloop - Wow, my hip/leg was really, really stiff and felt hard this morning - and I can't think of anything I did differently yesterday - except maybe I did do some bending and lifting. Maybe that was it - or there is just some SERIOUS healing going on. I hope so. I'll be glad when it...
  10. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    Liveringer & Peaches - I think the "Kleenex in the sleeve" thing may be a lost art form that we might want to consider bringing back. Peaches - Love the "Old Lady Glare" thing. I'm going to start practicing that look. I need an arsenal of bus riding defense mechanisms, for sure. And the...
  11. PrincessMay

    THR Post hip replacement insomnia

    Limitless lemon - I had my surgery 1 day before you. My first day back to work was this Monday (June 3). I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT!!! If you can take the time - TAKE IT. I'm exhausted - mostly because I can't get enough sleep at night due to waking up every hour, repositioning the pillows...
  12. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    Poppet - I take Tylenol during the day while at work, but when I get home I take 1 Oxycodone (5M), and if it feels pretty bad - I will take a 2nd one before I go to bed. Last night - I didn't take the 2nd one - I resorted to ice instead. I'm trying to stop the Oxy so that I can stop the "need"...
  13. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    Poppet, regarding energy drain...honestly, I'm exhausted at the end of the work day. I come home, have dinner, relax and watch some TV. Sleeping is off and on - a few hours, then I'm awake for awhile, then a few more hours. But I'm doing it. It's hard - but I feel good...most of the time...
  14. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    More bus drama - but this one totally has a silver lining. There are two different bus routes I can take home and eventually, they end up in the same place, but between work and home they run on parallel roads - one low along he shore of Lake Union and the other one about 100 feet higher on...
  15. PrincessMay

    THR May is here!

    LeeApril26 - I've been reading a bunch of posts by you and Peaches, Mamarey and zauberflöte - this is some funny stuff we are managing to go through. Through the healing and pain - there is still humor - and that is awesome! I went back to work on Monday - it was brutal, I won't lie. But I...
Back
Top Bottom