@TexasTee yes, keep sharing the great news, as I get positive energy from it and you're right about it not being so horrible for everyone. I'm looking forward to being as active and even more than before surgery. I still have a bad day here and there, but for the most part, it's getting so much...
Welcome aboard! Sounds like things are on schedule for you. I attempted cutting back on pain meds, but quickly learned that wasn't a great idea. Your knee will let you know when you can cut back and that works out so much better, as I'm down to 1 or 2 a day at 7 weeks. You will continue to see...
@DsFan5163 my therapist measures after I've warmed up on the bike and wall slides, which is the one that increased my rom.....I do the wall slides at home often, as the other exercises are easy to me. I read somewhere "don't waste time doing the easy ones" so I do the exercises that aren't easy...
Great PT today! No measurements included:tada::tada: road the bike in full rotation for 10min, then worked on a couple of weight machines. First time on the step exercise and I knocked it out of the park:yes!:
Heading out for what I predict to be a great walk in this nice weather:SUNsmile:
HAPPY...
@TexasTee i will take a photo and post the stretching brace once it arrives....I am scheduled to be measured for it tomorrow. It will be a 3 month rental. My OS says it will do the stretching for me. Maybe it is a cpm, I'm not sure, but she believes it will get me higher range of motion. She...
@SuperSnapper thats a great pace and yes, I'm finding that it improves every time I go for a walk.... Today I did 3 miles on the track and one of them was a 20 min mile, the other two were 23 and 22min. I had a pace of 15min miles before surgery and 12min before knee got so bad it didn't respond...
@SuperSnapper that is great! I love walking....my surgeon told me if you were active before the surgery, you will continue to be active afterwards and that is so true! I'm looking forward to being much more active....already signed up for the peachtree road race in Atlanta 10k. Good luck on your...
@SeptemberZen i believe you can feel things in your gut that tell you what's right for you, so even though I think pt is important for me, that may not be the same for you. We all know by now that all of our journeys are different. I'm surprised your pt didn't say what your flexion is, since...
Hello to all! Just returned from my 6 week follow up appt with OS and all is well except I'll need to get 112 flex ion within the next three weeks to avoid considering manipulation.... I'm currently at 97. She says the numbers aren't as important as the pt stresses and she tends to look more at...
@SeptemberZen and @Celle
The OS told me at my first post op appt when she took off the covering and added the strips that as the strips fall off DO NOT PUT ANYTHING on the incision....no matter how dry and scaly it looks. I can only allow the shower water to hit it naturally, but no scrubbing...
Happy to report 94rom :yes!:
with no pushing in pt today:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
@SuperSnapper it is so inspiring to hear that you did 4.5 miles rough terrain...really gives me hope for my 10k and I'm going to do more icing instead of meds, especially since im realizing I don't need as...
Wow! I wish I could get a massage during pt....this will be my 4th visit today and I have yet to experience this massage others speak about. My OS said for me not to put anything directly on scar until after my second post op appt on March 13th and I can't wait to rub some Shea butter on it...
Thanks @SuperSnapper you really made me think when you said because I still have swelling, I should continue ice regularly. I would normally just ice after exercise or when the knee feels hot/pain, but if I can get rid of more of the swelling, I could do so much more:egypdance: so this morning...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.