Recent content by PoorKnees

  1. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    Thank you all for being so wonderfully supportive! @newlybionic, this seems to somewhat akin to what I am experiencing. I have put myself on ibuprofen (maybe mobic is stronger - is it prescription only?) a couple of days ago so that fits your treatment. I did mention a muscle relaxer to my...
  2. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    Thank you all for your advice! The sleeping is better: I am taking Tylenol PM and Tramadol. However, things are not going well at all. I have been doing only gentle extensions and bends and walking all week, but all the nasty burning feeling in my buttocks, discomfort in the groin and hips...
  3. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    Do you think it would be OK mix Tylenol PM and Tramadol? I had another absolutely hellish night and I was a complete zombie at work - so frustrating. I wake up with a fast heartbeat and a wave of heat - maybe it's some form of a panic attack?! I am a basket case: my knee is hurting more than...
  4. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    Thank you all for your words of sanity! I am done with strength building for now - will stick to regular heel slides and some mild extension exercises and just daily activities. Any advice on sleeping through the night? I have no trouble getting to sleep, but I am now waking up after 2 hrs...
  5. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    Here I am back with problems. I changed PTs to see whether that would help with the bend and although she was painfully hands on, and made me self-torture at home as well, my bend did progress (or maybe it was simply time, I'll never know) and now at 9 weeks, it is at 105 and my OS said that...
  6. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    Help!!! I am really down in the dumps, totally depressed, I am working like a dog on my poor ROM and getting nowhere: now the PT is talking about a CPM machine for me. Does that make sense?! I am seeing my OS tomorrow and intend to tell him that all the PT does not seem to move me forward...
  7. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    What are your views on the rehab benefits of a stationary bike? My PT put me on it during the session and it was brutal. As you know my bend is lousy and I continue being swollen. Should I be investing in a stationary bike? Can one properly recover without one? I am also concerned that my...
  8. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    Thank you for confirming my suspicions re ibuprofen: I am sticking now to Tylenol, will try to get Tramadol, and, until then, will continue oxy for the night at least. I am more rational on a normal dose of sleep! @KayeKaye: I think the recovery period for a BTKR is by definition longer so...
  9. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    Hi @charmed-life, I had mine done at Methodist and thought they did a good job with pain management and general attentiveness, etc. Part of my fretting is due to the fact that I feel I have to return to work asap and at this point I feel like a total invalid. I was crippled by an arthritis...
  10. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    I actually got a good amount of oxycodone from my doctor, but when I told my PT that I was feeling very tired and weak, she told me that at this stage (at 2 weeks) I should be really using oxy only on an as needed basis, maybe only at night, so, because I am evidently a silly goose I got myself...
  11. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    Thank you all for your words of comfort, reassurance, and wisdom - I thought I was prepared for this operation, but I absolutely underestimated its seriousness and the whole recovery aspect! And several people who themselves had it done told me before I had my surgery that it was all great and...
  12. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    The thing is that I really HAVE been elevating regularly and icing most of the day and night (because I have been reading your advice for some time) and yet the tight band feeling, with a slight twist to the inner side, persists - it drives me nuts!!!! I am taking aspirin every day and tylenol...
  13. PoorKnees

    TKR Worried Sick about Progress

    I have been reading many threads for the past several weeks both pre- and post-op and found much comfort in them. I am now almost 3 weeks post and I feel that my knee is getting worse. I am able to navigate, slowly and only around the house, with a cane (moved from the walker to the cane 2...
Back
Top Bottom