Recent content by Poohstew

  1. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    Lift the leg....typo. fixed now.
  2. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    But I do have my dog, Libby, who is watching out for me!
  3. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    Hurting. I am fully casted, from my tush to my toes, and the cast is heavy. It bothers me that I can't observe my incision, and the incision hurts. I can tell it is larger than my knee replacement incision. Also bored, but I'll deal with it. I need someone else to lift the leg, and help...
  4. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    Thank, ladies. Oh my, this is going to be a long long recovery I think. The weight of this plaster cast is killing me. My hip and lower back are suffering, as the only way I have of moving that leg forward while using the walker is to swing from the hip. And the ITCHING! Lord, the back of my...
  5. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    Let's call it "Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR" Thank you!
  6. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    I do think a new thread title would be appropriate...
  7. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    And I have a pic of my x-ray...but keep getting an error message when trying to upload it to post...
  8. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    3 years post TKR broken patella after traumatic fall.... Hello all, visiting the forum here again. I had both my TKR in 2016, 12 weeks apart. Overall, healed well, with some residual patella pain, bilateral, presenting in the last year or so. Yesterday morning, I was walking out of my bedroom...
  9. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    My x-rays look ok, no sign of obvious fracture or loosening, and all structures after in place, but he said there is obviously something going on. I barely have any control over my quad muscle and have severe pain when trying to lift. Have to come next Tuesday for a bone scan, to check for...
  10. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    Hi all. I am 2 years post TKR both knees, done 12 weeks apart. My left knee has never felt quite "right", but x-rays have all shown things were fine. (I have a lot of "clunking" in the left knee, and it frequently feels as though it slips out of place, and seems slightly unstable, but have...
  11. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    Day 2...bad day. Not staying ahead of pain and I was very direct with the nurse about her failings, keeping me only on Norco 5/325 when I was taking two 7.5/325 for pain before surgery. Last time by now they had me on two 10/325's every 4 hours plus 15 mg MS Contin 2x daily. Told them I would...
  12. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    Well...surgery for knee replacement #2 (Left) was today...and so far, a wildly different experience! (My right knee was done July 12!) I was the last case of the day, arrived at 9:45 a.m., was prepped, and taken in....not sure what time. Spinal anesthesia with IV sedation. It took the...
  13. Poohstew

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    Well.. a bit of an update... Talked with my OS at my 12 week update...the right new knee joint looks to be doing just fine. Xrays show that it is perfectly in place! I still have quite a lot of soft tissue type pain just lateral of the patella...that will continue to improve I assume. The BIG...
Back
Top Bottom