Recent content by Poodle3

  1. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    Easy to over do as I discovered yesterday! ups and downs. Life is a marathon not a sprint, right !!
  2. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    @Ocean wishing you the best on your second hip. I wish I would have done my second sooner.
  3. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    Well, you all were right. My little set back was a bump in the road. I’m walking comfortably without any assisted device. Still some muscle aches but working through it. Out patient PT has helped a lot. I’m walking my mellow, easy going girl. Ready to take my puppy back to class at the end of...
  4. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    Funny and true! I was doing so well, walking short distances without my cane, before my ill fated stretch. Now can’t do it!! Back to square one. One of my girls will only walk with me so I have to get back, if only for her.
  5. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    @CricketHip, thank you for asking. I tend to go silent when I’m struggling. After seeing my surgeons PA, I took another week off of everything. Yesterday I had an appt with PT. She‘s doing massage for the tense glute muscles. Recommended no extra walks until this settles down. Lots of icing and...
  6. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    Great description.
  7. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    I am not! Was surprised at how one seemingly little thing could have such an impact. Evidently, There are no little things.
  8. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    Sure takes longer than I thought. I saw my surgeons PA earlier this week because of the stretch I did which set me back with weight bearing. X-rays just fine. It’s muscular which will take time. I mentioned that the first one was so easy. Perhaps I don’t remember well. Like childbirth...
  9. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    thank you for sharing your experiences. I don’t remember my first one being so challenging but then my body is 10 years older. I feel fortunate to have enough support to manage my household and allow my recovery to continue as long as it takes. you are a blessing
  10. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    I did the stretch in the office then again later in the day. Gentle or forced, (how much does that matter for damage) don’t really remember. I know it hurt. the only restriction I received was the golfers lunge. I did let them know. For what it’s worth, my home PT was very surprised at the...
  11. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    I’m at almost 3 weeks and yes I know it’s early in recovery. The PA mentioned piriformis stretch for butt pain. So sorry I did it. My weight bearing on op leg is not as good since. I do use a cane but have noticed weight bearing is more difficult since that stretch. Anyone have experience with...
  12. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    I think that’s a very good idea. This happened after post op appt. Maybe coincidental. The PA suggested a piriformis stretch. That may be the culprit. Thank you for the encouragement that I’ll get over this.
  13. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    The wisdom of the forum. My last one was so darn easy. I drove to an appt this am. No problem, lovely to see and interact with people. Normal life!
  14. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    my first thought is always, have I done something to ruin the surgery!
  15. Poodle3

    THR In recovery land

    Thank you
Back
Top Bottom