Recent content by PhilippaC

  1. P

    THR 4 months on and damage to soft tissue^

    15th December 2023 Well, its almost a year since I had my 2nd hip replacement. It's still not great. I have now started swimming and going to the gym in an attempt to build up body strength. I have to say that after a few sessions my leg isn't any less sore but it does feel more stable. I...
  2. P

    THR 4 months on and damage to soft tissue^

    Thanks everyone. here is an update. My leg is still pretty sore if I walk any distance, sore when getting up and down from a seat et. I was offered the scan guided injection into the hip and as I mentioned before the surgeon also said that it can sometimes make things worse. I was due to go next...
  3. P

    THR 4 months on and damage to soft tissue^

    I have had bursitis for a few months now. I don't feel I'm getting anywhere with the exercises and have plateaud at being in low level pain most of the time, painful and limping getting up and down from a chair and walking with or without a stick is always painful.. and pain and limping gets...
  4. P

    THR 4 months on and damage to soft tissue^

    Aw...Thanks Layla. Yes Spring is here, finally. It's so nice to be able to be outside and watch the flowers coming out again. I've seen a butterly and the birds are tweeting like mad! I'm doing a lot better now. The panic attacks have gone. I'm now in a bit of an in between stage which brings...
  5. P

    THR 4 months on and damage to soft tissue^

    I read about people getting constipated with the heavy duty pain killers. I stopped mine, di-hydracodeine , after 10 days, having consulted my GP, as the feeling of being bunged up was so uncomfortable. Also I didn't like the 'spaced out' feeling that came with them (I'm sensitive to drugs...
  6. P

    THR 4 months on and damage to soft tissue^

    That was so helpful myglasshalffull about just doing the 10 minutes of walking several times instead of a full 1/2 hour. That's what I've done today. Yes to a small shop and yes to holding on to the trolley! Many thanks.
  7. P

    THR 4 months on and damage to soft tissue^

    I'm sorry to hear that you have complications. It sounds grim. Can you get in touch with your surgeon and discuss your worries with him/her. Also just keep talking it out with friends and family. I think when on ones own so much it's really easy to get low and worry and go inward. Reaching out...
  8. P

    THR 4 months on and damage to soft tissue^

    I've now completed week 6 and am all set to drive in a couple of days. My mood has been variable but mostly ok. Boredom has been the main enemy! And some frustration.. I have a really exciting project I want to do but can't start yet. My hip feels tight still and gets a deep throb easily. I...
  9. P

    THR 4 months on and damage to soft tissue^

    Update It was so helpful to be here and get your support at the beginning of week 5 when I had a really tough moment and a bit of a melt down. In fact I felt much better almost immediately to see that I was not alone. Thanks you! I'm now into week 6. Dressing has got a bit easier and I am...
  10. P

    TKR When oh when oh when

    I can understand your desire to get a therapist!! I do think a couple of sessions would be of great benefit for everyone going through this very difficult experience! Writing and reaching out on here is therapeutic. I think major surgery is such a difficult thing to have done to your body and...
  11. P

    TKR When oh when oh when

    :hugzz: Sending a big hug.
  12. P

    THR 4 months on and damage to soft tissue^

    Thanks gloucestergal. It's really good to be getting support here. I'm so glad I reached out.
  13. P

    THR 4 months on and damage to soft tissue^

    Thanks for your support myglasshalffull. It has been really good to hear that my response is common and very normal!
  14. P

    TKR When oh when oh when

    Don't let any physio make your pain worse. I would stop going as they can actually make recovery much more difficult. I had a physio with my last surgery who actually harmed me by giving me the wrong exercises far too early in recovery.
  15. P

    TKR Surgeon in Cardiff, Wales

    Hello Hamst, My heart goes out to you. I'm sorry to hear you are having a difficult time getting treatment. The NHS are getting very strict these days . I was within the required BMI range ok but I still got some 'fat shaming' from someone before surgery... not my surgeon. When overweight the...
Back
Top Bottom