Recent content by Peoniesazalea

  1. P

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    Just had my six-month follow-up x-ray for appointment with surgeon tomorrow. Does anyone know what the following means, particularly how serious or not serious the patellar subluxation is? For several months I cannot lift my leg below the knee; that is, push my leg from the knee down outward...
  2. P

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    @Jockette The only thing I can connect to the loss of function in the quad was I used a 3 inch step stool for two days to practice going up stairs. The first soreness and lack of function occurred a day or two after that exercise. Once I lost the use of the quad I slowed down on the exercise...
  3. P

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    Thanks @Celle I will talk to him again. He previously thought it was muscle weakness. What I find strange is that the quads were fine in terms of their progress until I hit three months; that”s when the problem started.
  4. P

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    @Celle I can walk fairly well, do marching steps, use a recumbent bike and bend my leg backwards. I have difficulty lifting my leg onto the bed, can barely if at all do a leg lift while lying down (my leg does lay straight) and if i am sitting in a chair cannot lift my leg up and move it...
  5. P

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    What is it called when your leg, from your knee down, does not move up/forward when sitting in a chair?
  6. P

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    Thanks @dlssimon Like you, I did not know what to expect after the surgery. I was told the surgery and aftermath is very painful, but pretty much clueless on the details of what was done and what to do when with regard to physical therapy, general exercise and so on. I have learned a great...
  7. P

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    Thank you @sistersinhim. I appreciate your support. Marie
  8. P

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    Since the last visit with my surgeon a little over a week ago I have been doing some of the exercises I was previously doing during physical therapy. I am taking it slower than I was earlier with fewer reps and not doing all of the exercises in one day. I also walk some with a cane (don’t use...
  9. P

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    Thanks for the encouragement @Roy Gardiner The implant itself does feel strong; it is the strain/pain when moving or using any of the muscles in that area (quads and inner side of knee/leg) combined with the inability to lift the leg that are concerning. I will exercise as the doctor...
  10. P

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    Thanks @Jockette. I am reading your recovery thread now.
  11. P

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    Although this is my first post, I have been reading the forum for several months and have gained a great deal of insight and information about knee replacement surgery and recovery - much more than what I knew on the actual day of surgery. Reading the experiences of people who have been through...
Back
Top Bottom