Recent content by Penny Lane

  1. Penny Lane

    PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

    Hello are you under 50 too?? [emoji51][emoji51] Penny Lane [emoji4]
  2. Penny Lane

    PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

    Ps had tight band since three weeks post op. So not a new problem I was sent a link as to the rationale and it's all part of the health by process. Penny Lane [emoji4]
  3. Penny Lane

    PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

    Tell me about yours ? How old are you ? How is your recovery going ? Penny Lane [emoji4]
  4. Penny Lane

    PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

    This is true as you never really appreciate how hard it is until you're the patient and not the one giving advice. Now I have true Empathy for fellow knee replacement patients. Penny Lane [emoji4]
  5. Penny Lane

    PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

    My physio has advised me to swim [emoji97][emoji97] I am being gentle and not doing breast stroke [emoji1] Penny Lane [emoji4]
  6. Penny Lane

    PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

    Well it's six weeks post op for me tomorrow Jan 9th and the time has flown and progress has been made. I am coming continuing to experience intermittent nerve pain within the knee; which is irritating. This has disrupted my beauty sleep too and I am still impatient with the recovery process. A...
  7. Penny Lane

    Surgery Cost

    Wow I'm so lucky mine was free on the NHS.....[emoji1431][emoji1431] Penny Lane [emoji4]
  8. Penny Lane

    TKR Ten weeks later . . .<<'

    So glad I'm not alone ! Stiff tight rubber band syndrome with hyper sensitivity to scar! Also having pain in right hip ?? bursitis Had this before so know it's that !! Seeing GP today. ? Steroid injection [emoji58][emoji58] Penny Lane [emoji4]
  9. Penny Lane

    PKR Almost 3 week past PKR

    Hi There I'm 49 and had a medial partial knee replacement. (Nov 28th). My scar is not over the knee cap it's off centre to the left and approx 5 inches. I haven't used an ice machine but kept a good supply of ice jell packs in the freezer and they do help with swelling [emoji51][emoji51] I...
  10. Penny Lane

    PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

    Thank you for the link. Penny Lane [emoji4]
  11. Penny Lane

    PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

    I feel I was a bit naive too. Even after caring for many patients post op after Ortho surgery. It's so different being a patient and I didn't realise how it would make me feel like on a day to day basis ... I keep think king will it feel OK again [emoji58][emoji58] I have also had right hip...
  12. Penny Lane

    PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

    Wow... New Zealand [emoji1181] That's a lovely country ( not that I've been but have a friend whose Mum is in Napier). So you're a nurse too!! Think this site will be of help to me despite my back ground it's totally different being a patient isn't it ? Penny Lane [emoji4]
  13. Penny Lane

    PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

    Wow Bristol ... just up the road lol. I'm getting on ok I think. But over the past few days I have got a tight band around my knee with swelling. It feels most peculiar and unnatural.Nerve pain has been plaguing me too. So I re- commenced pregabalin this has helped. I have a good routine too I'm...
  14. Penny Lane

    PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

    I'm glad too are most people using this forum from USA? I'm in UK Plymouth. Was wondering [emoji39] Penny Lane [emoji4]
  15. Penny Lane

    PKR Penny Lane's Recovery Thread

    November 28th 2016 Penny Lane [emoji4]
Back
Top Bottom