Recent content by PegLegPeg

  1. PegLegPeg

    PKR My Patellofemoral Makoplasty Ups and Downs

    I am not sure I'm posting in the right place... but I'm giving this a try. I recovered eventually from my second PKR (the first one was in January, 2019 on my right knee, and the second one in October, 2019, on my left knee), however two years out from the first one, something has suddenly gone...
  2. PegLegPeg

    PKR Any others who had knee cap only replaced?

    I had my second partial (patellofemoral) knee replacement on October 4, 2019. My first (right knee) pkr was on Jan 4, 2019. My first one had its ups and downs, but so far my second one is mostly downs. This may be because I had my medial meniscus repaired during the same surgery, and my recovery...
  3. PegLegPeg

    PKR My Patellofemoral Makoplasty Ups and Downs

    I had my second partial (patellofemoral) knee replacement on October 4, 2019. My first (right knee) pkr was on Jan 4, 2019. My first one had its ups and downs, but so far my second one is mostly downs. This may be because I had my medial meniscus repaired during the same surgery, and my recovery...
  4. PegLegPeg

    PKR My Patellofemoral Makoplasty Ups and Downs

    So, I'm 3 months out and concerned because my night time pain remains very disruptive to sleeping. Ugh. Any ideas?
  5. PegLegPeg

    Welcome to the October Feisties' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    I don't know if I can be added, but I had my second partial (patellofemoral) knee replacement on October 4.
  6. PegLegPeg

    PKR My Patellofemoral Makoplasty Ups and Downs

    I've had a low-grade fever (avg. 99.7, as high as 100.1) since my surgery 23 days ago. I've been on an antibiotic for 6 of a 7 day prescription for a minor ear infection, yet the low-grade fever persists. Is this normal? Any thoughts?
  7. PegLegPeg

    PKR My Patellofemoral Makoplasty Ups and Downs

    So, my meniscus was repaired and my second PKR (patellofemoral) on my left leg was done on 10/4. Things had been going pretty smoothly, but the weight on my right knee, hopping with zero weight allowed on the left seems to have done some damage to my right knee (9 months out from patellofemoral...
  8. PegLegPeg

    PKR My Patellofemoral Makoplasty Ups and Downs

    Sorry, I missed this! Thanks for your response. The pain did resolve, and I'm now 9 months post OP on the right side, and 12 days post OP on the left, with a medial meniscus repair and PKR (also patellofemoral). My most recent concern is straining my right knee, as the load-bearer. It has been...
  9. PegLegPeg

    PKR Second PKR anticipated complications and concerns

    My first partial (patellofemoral) knee replacement in January of this year was a great success. My second one, on my left knee, is scheduled for October 4, which I was looking forward to. However, I badly injured my left knee, tearing my meniscus and the posterior root. My surgeon intends to...
  10. PegLegPeg

    PKR My Patellofemoral Makoplasty Ups and Downs

    3.5 months post-op, I've got some great improvements and some concerns. On the up side, wow, I can do stairs with almost no pain (on the repaired side, anyway)! And while night time pain persists, it's significantly less disruptive and I'm taking no meds at all. On the concerning side, my...
  11. PegLegPeg

    PKR My Patellofemoral Makoplasty Ups and Downs

    Here is my update at 11½ weeks post op, with a need for advice/ reassurance specific to continuing pain: I'm still struggling to sleep at night and am surprised by the wakefulness night-time pain continues to cause me. I've cut back on activities to just walking, and I'm still elevating much of...
  12. PegLegPeg

    PKR My Patellofemoral Makoplasty Ups and Downs

    Regarding possible inflammatory reactions to subcutaneous suture material: https://www.realself.com/article/allergy-sutures-stitch-reaction-real-phenomenon
  13. PegLegPeg

    PKR My Patellofemoral Makoplasty Ups and Downs

    I have a strange new development: my scar has a raised red bump along the scarline. There's no heat, but the somewhat hard lump feels like an absorbable subcutaneous stitch is triggering a reaction. Any thoughts?
Back
Top Bottom