Recent content by pattycake65

  1. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    I had TKR last June and had PT for over 6 months and my knee has never been right. Found out by a different ortho that I didn't even need this surgery as I was not bone on bone just had a previous scope for a meniscus tear and osteoarthritis. I have never been able to push past 80 degrees and am...
  2. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    Thank you all for the advice. I am sorry,Jo,if I have messed up and you had to change my post. I am old school and am surprised I even know how to post. I don't really understand where to thread or even what a tread is.Please bear with me. I am just in real need of friends who understand me or...
  3. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    I have read over the many post and threads about recovery and I think I overdo it but have no choice. I live alone with a cat and do not have a very big social circle and the friend I have is disabled herself. Also,I can't afford homecare. I have to take out garbage,do laundry,change my...
  4. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    I had a CT done to see if something is wrong with my knee and the only thing it showed was quad calsification,whatever that means. My primary dr changed my pain meds and gave me valium for spasms but I still hurt. I broke down at pt the other day,as I was struggling,with pain,and a woman around...
  5. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    Dear Jo,I have done a lot of reading in the library and am happy to learn about my tkr. I tried doing the heel slides that are shown,but my knee hurts way too much when I bend my knee to that extent. I am so miserable and pain is wearing me down. I almost think my knee doesn't look straight.My...
  6. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    It is hard sitting at the computer. I called the dr and he said the sharp pain I was getting was normal and could last up to a year! I told him I know my own body and something isn't right on the side of my knee and reminded him how hard I hit the side of my knee on the cpm machine in the...
  7. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    1.Pain level-Varies,Stays between a 4 and 10. 10 when I have been on my feet too long and first thing in morning and end of day,it is a 10 and when I sit more than 20 minutes without ice,a 10 when getting up to walk. 2.Pain meds-Roxicodone 10 mg.every 4 hours,usually 3 x a day and ibuprophen. I...
  8. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    You are all so helpful. I never thought of freezing coolwhip containers and bottles of water. Excellent idea. I don't have much of a support system,so having someone help me,has been a bit limited. I have a "friend" that will help me clean but she charges me 20.00 an hour and just don't have...
  9. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    I am not great, knowing about the computer and don't quite get the threads and such. I am thankful to be here. On Josephine's questions,where do I post that? I can't sit here very long,as I am on a desktop computer and my leg gets too stiff. Thanks again.
  10. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    Thank you all for the great advice.My last pt session was better,due to the fact that I told her last time was too much for me. She did more massage and started me on a bike.I am in a town where I am pretty much alone,so I have to do things I probably shouldn't be doing.As far as icing,the...
  11. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    I printed off the pain med chart but could someone please explain what it means. Not quite sure of the comparison to morphine.All I know is I am taking 10 mg. of oxycodone and it is not cutting it. Thanks.
  12. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    I have started outpatient pt and doing my exercises 2x a day,and the cpm machine,but inbetween exercises,my leg goes stiff very fast,then I have such pain. I am also icing it and using a heating pad on my thigh and calf.Can someone please give me some advice? I am also taking pain meds but they...
  13. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    Thanks. I was thinking it was under my member name. Just trying to post correctly! :)
  14. pattycake65

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    I can't seem to find where to post a question about my signature. I put all the info in the signature box but it only had,save changes and preview,not save. When I posted a new thread,I didn't see my surgery info. I am not great on the computer and not sure what to do. Thanks for any help.
Back
Top Bottom