Recent content by Patee

  1. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    Glad to hear your are doing well. I can almost reach behind my back, not quite there yet. I can pull it there with no pain so figure it should come. With a 39’ motor home you are glamping. LOL We are about the same at 40’. The kids tell us we are not camping because campers don’t have...
  2. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    Debbie, sorry for the delay. Life is getting back to it’s normal hectic self. Back from a week of “glamping” and now getting busy organizing for a trip to Greece in a couple of weeks. One couple we will be travelling with are arriving from Kentucky next Sat to spend a few days together before we...
  3. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    Hmmm…. I posted a response but doesn’t appear to be here. Sure hope you managed to not get Covid, you sure don’t need that. Hope everyone is doing okay. How did you make out with your physio when you saw your therapist? I hope it is going okay. I saw the surgeon a couple of weeks ago and was...
  4. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Reverse shoulder replacement pending

    Hi Hopeful Manch, Wishing you every success with your upcoming surgery. I only hope yours goes as well as mine did. I am at the 2 1/2 month mark and pleased with how it has gone. I was lucky and had less pain than I anticipated it would be. I still don’t have full range of motion but it is a...
  5. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    So sorry to hear, my sincere condolences. It never is easy. I still miss my Mom and she passed 17 years ago. A blessing you could be with her close to the end. Like you said she had a good life. She is at peace now. Be easy on yourself. Do what you can but in the big scheme of things a few days...
  6. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    Hi Debbie, sorry for delay in responding. We were away and had almost non existent signal on my cell and no internet. So sorry to hear your Mom is not doing well. So tough no matter their age. I spent time at hospice with my Mom and it is not an easy thing to do. You are in my thoughts. It...
  7. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    Hi Debbie , just thinking of you and wondering how you are doing? Hope therapy is going good.
  8. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    Glad to hear you are doing well. Hopefully you aren’t in a lot of pain still. I was lucky that a had a waterproof bandage and could shower right away. Take care and keep us posted on how it is going.
  9. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Another new joint

    Glad to hear it is over with and you are on the road to recovery. Take those pain meds and be gentle on yourself. Keep us posted on how it is going.
  10. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Patee in recovery

    Debbie, thinking of you as your surgery date gets closer. Wishing you a good surgery and a quick recovery. I hope yours is as problem free as mine. Please post and let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it. My progress is good, slow but sure. I am now the master of my curling iron...
  11. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Patee in recovery

    Had my appointment with the surgeon today. He is pleased with how things are going and my range of motion. Said I can ditch the sling as expected and start physio. Just told me to be careful with moving my arm laterally out to the side as in my hand going from the front to back when arm is bent...
  12. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Patee in recovery

    Debbie, Hi! I continue to do well. Looking forward to seeing the surgeon next week and no longer having to wear the sling.. I know my arm is very weak so will be interesting to see what limitations are imposed. I have scheduled my first physio appointment a couple of days after my Dr...
  13. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Patee in recovery

    I get to take my bandage off today and don’t have to have stitches out. He said they are all ‘inside’, so I guess the dissolving type. It will be interesting to see the scar.
  14. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Patee in recovery

    Hi Debbie, thanks for your note. I am doing very well. I am off almost all the pain pills except one Tramadol at bedtime. I could probably do without but I guess I take it as insurance to get a good sleep. I am still sleeping in the recliner. Have tried the bed a couple of times but couldn’t get...
  15. P

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Patee in recovery

    Day 6 and all is well. Still amazed at how well things have gone. I am starting to wean off the pain meds. Exercises have become much easier. I did try to transition to sleeping in bed last night but gave up as I was not comfortable. I will try a few more nights in the recliner. I have been...
Back
Top Bottom