Hi there Hip4Life, Thank you for checking in on me. I got a reschedule date of 2/1/23. It's very far off, but they said they would let me know if they get a cancellation. If they got a cancellation for late November/early December, I don't think I would like to do that since it's so close to...
I am so sorry if I alarmed anyone who is facing the fear of surgery as I have. Just wanted to be completely honest and let you know what happened to me. I'm sure your surgeries will go as planned and be uneventful as this was a stroke of very bad luck for me. I did see a bunch of people whose...
Hi all. Thank you for all your support. Just wanted to update that I did not get the hip replacement done on 10/8 as planned. Went into Manhattan to have the hip done as scheduled. After being sedated, apparently someone on the anesthesiologist's team had some sort of medical emergency...
Hi there Doglover7,
It's the night before my surgery and I am feeling very stressed. Thank you for sharing your journey. I hope my procedure and recovery goes as smoothly as yours. I hate being anxious. No matter how much you try to turn your mind off, the intruding thoughts are still...
Hi Suedeboot. Thank you for reaching out to me. I have not had the surgery yet. Scheduled for Saturday 10/8. I am very nervous and scared. Did a bit of crying today. Don't know how I am going to do this.
How are you? Do you have your surgery scheduled and are you nervous about it...
Thank you, Nanny7. I am feeling anxious, but trying to remember that this will help me live again. I have been suffering for a decade. Yes, we will get thru this somehow. Please feel free to message me anytime.
Hi Nanny7,
I am also getting my hip replaced on October 8th. I am right there with you. Very anxious and nervous. I'm trying to keep busy to keep my mind off of it. I never had surgery before and this is a big one. I've been suffering for a decade and finally decided to do something about...
Thank you all so very much for taking the time to respond to my message. Just knowing that there are others who are scared makes me feel not so alone and that it's totally normal to feel this way. My friends and family have been telling me for close to a decade to have this surgery. I...
Hi all. My name says it all. I'm totally panicked about my hip replacement surgery which is just about 10 days away. I suffer from anxiety disorder, so this is just ramping up my nervousness. I don't know how to stop thinking of them cutting into me and me not knowing what is going on. I...
Hi Everyone. I am scheduled for hip replacement surgery on October 8th which is about 3 weeks away. I have been going to my dentist for the past 2 months hoping to get all my dental issues taken care of before the surgery. I have seen 2 endodontists and they both said that I could put off...
Abbylayla, thank you so much for responding. Everything you said in your post is exactly the way I feel. I am nervous but there is some weird sense of calm too that I never had before. I am keeping myself busy getting my house ready for when I come home. There are days when I have a Pity...
Thank you all for all the words of encouragement. I am praying that I won't be so nervous the day of and the surgery will go smoothly. I am looking forward to being able to be active again and enjoying life. The pain has held me back so much.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.