Recent content by Pamjam68

  1. Pamjam68

    TKR Walking Post Op

    Sorry Josephine ... Going to pack my patience.
  2. Pamjam68

    TKR Walking Post Op

    @Josephine thank you for your detailed response. The picture of sutures top and bottom of incision you show is exactly what TKR2 had. My first surgeon did not put any visible stitches in and his scar was much neater but also longer and right down middle of my knee cap, second one surgeon went...
  3. Pamjam68

    TKR Walking Post Op

    @Lindylee thanks. I had just been using warm water thinking it would help dissolve it but that hasn’t worked. I will give your suggestion a try. My first surgeon’s glue job used nothing but glue. Second one put external stitches that need to be removed at top and bottom of incision and I...
  4. Pamjam68

    TKR Walking Post Op

    @Pumpkln thank you so much. It is frustrating. I wonder is this is all part of same stitch and whether bathing it with warm water will help it dissolve quicker. I will look forward to hearing from Josephine. Thanks for your help . Bonesmart has been such a big help to ne this past twelve months
  5. Pamjam68

    TKR Walking Post Op

    I am now 4 months post op on 2nd TKR I had subcutaneous stitches pop at 6 weeks and Nurse “trimmed” it warning me it may surface again. The area where it was trimmed is still tender and has a small white scab with what appears to be stitch beginning to surface again. My question is for those...
  6. Pamjam68

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    @fishy thanks for the info. I am encouraged to hear yours resolved itself. I am 3 months post op and I guess I am getting impatient, I want to feel normal again as I spent last year recovering from knee surgeries. Have almost forgot how it feels to wake up in the morning and not have wonky...
  7. Pamjam68

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    @fishy yes I think at times you wonder if you did the right thing but I try to think back and remember before surgery pain level was high too. I am having issues with “spitting” a stitch right in the bend of my knee. I got it trimmed by Orthopedic Nurse six weeks ago but it has continued to...
  8. Pamjam68

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    @fishy I feel for you I had 3 knee jobs last year starting with meniscus tear in January, TKR1 in May and TKR2 in December and second TKR has been much more challenging. I have had a lot mire stiffness and struggle still to get close to ROM/extension I got with my first. My first OS retired...
  9. Pamjam68

    TKR Walking Post Op

    @Celle thank you for your encouraging words. I know I should not compare scars but it’s hard not to. Had no bumps and lumps with first surgery. I have learned so much about sutures from this enquiry. I am glad I am not a horse and only have two legs but I guess if I went for a third I would be...
  10. Pamjam68

    TKR Walking Post Op

    @Josephine this is such an interesting history of sutures thank you. My OS came very early in the morning around 7 am the day after surgery to check my incision and remove the dressing and my nurse told me that was unusual as she usually got the job. He was very interested in looking at my wound...
  11. Pamjam68

    TKR Walking Post Op

    @Josephine I was wondering about that. Is the suture make up standard I wonder. I had two different OS’s and had no issue at all with wound or sutures last time other than the healing process. My GP looked at both incisions and said he thought junior had been allowed to close on 2nd surgery. My...
  12. Pamjam68

    TKR Walking Post Op

    @Josephine thanks. This bump/puckering feels different than the sutures that protruded on bend on my knee which nurse took care of. It’s as if they are bunched up under the skin and puckering has got worse with time. I am 11 weeks post op so am wondering how long it takes for them to dissolve...
  13. Pamjam68

    TKR Walking Post Op

    OK folks anybody had issues with internal sutures not dissolving well? I have a painful pucker at top of my incision and I can feel stitches beneath skin and it is very tender. I am 11 weeks post op now. I had to have several stitches removed by nurse on the bend of my knee that had protruded...
  14. Pamjam68

    TKR Walking Post Op

    @Josephine thank you for your help. I am going to go in to Drs tomorrow for a wound check for which I don’t need an appointment. I realize from reading data on here about issues with sutures. It is not that uncommon. My first TKR incision was so ‘pretty’ from the outset and had no external...
  15. Pamjam68

    TKR Walking Post Op

    @gia2cats great this does make me feel better. It is stinging like crazy but doesnt look any different in appearance. This was my 2nd TKR and first one was such a very neat low maintenance incision I was hoping furvsame thus tine. I had to find a new OS as my first one retired. I wonder why s
Back
Top Bottom