Recent content by Paddler

  1. Paddler

    THR All was going well...now this

    I hope you are OK. I believe what the physio meant was that our new hip joints will survive much more than a challenging aquafit class. My OS told me that my new hips were put through their paces on the operating table.
  2. Paddler

    THR All was going well...now this

    Good advice! That horrible feeling when you know you pushed yourself that little bit too far.
  3. Paddler

    THR All was going well...now this

    In hindsight the pain in the left glute was there even while I was recovering from my first hip replacement. I thought it would sort itself out once the right hip replacement was done. But it never really went away; I just lived with it because it seemed so minor compared to the bone- on-bone...
  4. Paddler

    THR All was going well...now this

    The physio asked me about points when the pain was most pronounced in the whole saga and I described a cool down quad stretch after a weight session. Exactly! Oh I am refraining myself from anything more physically taxing than a short stroll for fresh air. Not even going to attempt any...
  5. Paddler

    THR All was going well...now this

    It wasn't muscular strain at all! The pain when lying down was improving but probably because I was learning to sleep with it and not turn over onto my left side. What I noticed was that I could no longer do glute bridges or any other kind of exercising involving lying on my back on the floor...
  6. Paddler

    THR All was going well...now this

    I left a query about this with my OS and just received a call back from his office. He believes that the type of pain I am experiencing is an overworked glute muscle which has resulted in a strain. He's encouraged by the fact that I have no pain when I'm walking and that I have reported that...
  7. Paddler

    THR All was going well...now this

    Thanks Josephine. Approximately VL2B. Then I get some pain radiating up to RL2B and can feel something else at XL2F.
  8. Paddler

    THR All was going well...now this

    Hi all! Left THR was Jan 2017 then right THR was Nov 2017. Problem free recoveries. Saw OS on Nov 1st 2018 for 1st year anniversary review and he was very pleased with positioning etc., and thrilled that I have resumed paddling, all weight-training, walking everywhere, swimming etc. My life...
  9. Paddler

    THR Hip#2 done

    I thought I should check in and let you know how I'm getting on as a double hippie at 6 weeks post TRHR. My recovery, all in all, was pretty uneventful. At the 3-week post op point my bandage was removed and everything was healing as it should be. I also attended my first physiotherapy session...
  10. Paddler

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    @Fudge, my physio recommended Nordic walking poles when he noted a gait problem at 3 mos post LTHR. I never really got a chance to see if they would work because 2 days later my OS informed me I needed a RTHR (reason for unusual gait and niggling pain). I have watched several videos online and I...
  11. Paddler

    THR Hip#2 done

    My son's staying here nights to keep an eye on me this next week (he makes dinner too) and he's getting grabby too. :snork: Christmas shopping solved! :happydance:
  12. Paddler

    THR Hip#2 done

    I had forgotten how tired you get post-op. I've spent most of the better part of the day dozing in bed. Isn't it funny how, even when we're under the weather or recovering from surgery, we've been conditioned to feel guilty about slacking off? Only an observation. I feel like I made...
  13. Paddler

    THR Hip#2 done

    I was the first of the November batch right on the 1st of November when I had my total right hip replacement. All went smoothly and I even got operated on earlier than expected that day. I was back on the ward by 3 p.m. and got up to walk a few steps to the commode at 10 p.m. I was home by the...
  14. Paddler

    Time for hip #2

    Cleared my calendar, emailed my nurse navigator and asked her to put me on my surgeon's cancellation list. She proposed putting me on his ultra-fast list and there I was with a date! November 1st. It's only been 7 months since he told me the RH needed replacing and 10 months since the LH was...
  15. Paddler

    2017 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    Hoping to be very nimble after TRHR on November 1st.
Back
Top Bottom