Recent content by OzzieRock

  1. OzzieRock

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Three weeks post op and the knee is coming along well. Swelling right down and a really good range of movement. Physio three times a day, plenty of icing and regular walks around the garden.
  2. OzzieRock

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    24 hours post surgery. TKR right knee
  3. OzzieRock

    TKR OzzieRock's Recovery Thread

    Well despite the boil on my arm my TKR went ahead on the 27th Sept as planned. I went and saw my surgeon in the morning before my op re my boil and he was happy to proceed. I had absolutely no nerves about the upcoming op until I spoke with my Anaesthetist who informed me that he was going to...
  4. OzzieRock

    TKR OzzieRock's Pre Op Thread

    I am due to go in for my TKR on Monday, had my pre-admission talk with the Hospital staff yesterday morning and during the afternoon I noticed a swelling and redness on my right forearm, like a headless spot. Thee area is sore to the touch, a bit red and slightly swollen. I will try and go and...
  5. OzzieRock

    TKR OzzieRock's Pre Op Thread

    Had my MAKO Protocol CT scan done last Friday. Because of where I live it was a 660km round trip for a 10 minute procedure. I also had a setback on Saturday. I was resealing my front veranda when I suddenly felt a sharp pain in the knee. I thought this was one of my usual episodes so waited a...
  6. OzzieRock

    TKR Hi All OzzieRock enters the world of BoneSmart.

    I went and saw my surgeon this week to book myself in for a total knee replacement. I am now slotted in for the procedure on the 27th September with the surgeon using the MAKO Robotic Arm for the procedure. I am off for a MAKO Protocol CT scan on the 10th of Sept.
  7. OzzieRock

    TKR Hi All OzzieRock enters the world of BoneSmart.

    Hi everyone I had a bad Rugby injury to my right knee back on 1990. The Army surgeon fixed the meniscus tear but somehow missed the completely torn ACL. For 20 years I ran marathons and lesser distances, orienteered and ran with the Hash. I was also serving in the military at the time in a...
Back
Top Bottom