Recent content by OzHipster

  1. OzHipster

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    Oh Sally! Was thinking of you yesterday when I had to take a dose of AB after cutting myself outside. I haven't been to the dentist in over a year :no-fin: because the ABs make me feel so sick, and was furious with my carelessness. Anyway, went looking for @Vetgirl to commiserate and have read...
  2. OzHipster

    THR Exercise Modification

    Thanks @Vetgirl, @fulafoto and @Josephine for your replies and your welcomes. Sally, what are the chances of two one percenters crossing paths? After the bleed, through the fog of discomfort and morphine (8 times the dose needed immediately post op!) remember someone saying it only happened in...
  3. OzHipster

    THR Exercise Modification

    Hi Poppet, Thanks for the welcome and your reply. Answers in order:) My level of mobility prior to replacement was for over a year very restricted. The surgeon didn't advise driving and it was only in the three months before surgery that I thought of using crutches. Began walking three...
  4. OzHipster

    THR Exercise Modification

    Hi, This is my first post on the forum, and I'm hoping to get some info on what exercise movements are restricted. Normally a fair researcher, I haven't come up with much at all beyond the initial post-op precautions and the dangers of crossing the operated leg. The facts: 53yo female, RTHR...
Back
Top Bottom