Recent content by ottothedog

  1. O

    Shoulder replacement soon - any Hypoallergenic Joints

    Good Morning All - Some of you "know me" from my TKR posts... which evolved to me finally understanding... well, many things about the "why" regarding I have had so many problems for so long... briefly... it turned out to be a metal allergy which I finally got self (serum) tested by MELISA...
  2. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Dear Jboles, Lovestocookandsew, and others - Please excuse my late response. For those who have had these similar experiences, I do sympathize. I am glad to see this message (that metal allergies are both "real" and do exist in large numbers) finally getting out... and even saw that latest...
  3. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Thanks for reading my post (and you probably deserve a medal for that), Susie ! More medals to come here (and that'll teach you to respond), but hopefully entertaining... I hope you had time for reading that attached NIH article (one of many on that subject) No... I haven't scheduled the new...
  4. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Good Morning (here) All - I would not wish my continuing experience on anyone (here or otherwise), BUT... maybe the important thing for us all (me, included) - is to "learn" from the experiences of others... and hopefully benefit by not having to go through the same steps (in other words - not...
  5. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Dear Sister, Josephine, Celle, and all - Thanks all for your continued comments, suggestions, etc. Josephine - sorry that you are unable to reference that extended conversation (which is actually one of your own). May I suggest that you cut and paste it to your browser (which is what I did -...
  6. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Dear Sister - Thanks for your encouragement (and for Jamie's previous recommendation). I completely agree that I am way past time for a positive surgical experience. However unless I actually sell everything I own and move to Palo Alto to see a surgeon that does not accept my insurance...
  7. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Thanks, Jamie and "Sister" (and Josephine as well) - Jamie - Yes, I do have an allergy test on the horizon (as part of an appointment with a rheumatologist - if I can ever get this scheduled). I also have an appointment with a Dr. Borus - who comes highly recommended to me (located in...
  8. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Good morning, Josephine, Runnergirl, Jordan6, and all - Sorry that I took a break from knee and other orthopedic discussions for a couple of days. I appreciate the encouragement, sympathy, etc... as well as suggestions to "do what Josephine did" with a fresh and otherwise non-problematic TKR...
  9. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Dear Josephine, Celle, and Angie - Thanks for your continuing attempts at help (and your patience generally with me) Re... the exercise that I regularly do... etc. I was just trying to answer the questions i was being asked. My gym routine prior to that first TKR was a much longer list of...
  10. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Good Morning, Celle - Many thanks also for your continuing response. Thank you - although I'm not sure what a "signature" means... I was pretty sure I listed this - this was well after the extents of my last partial (upper) revision knee replacement by Dr. Ballard. Dr, Desai was uncertain...
  11. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Good Morning, @Josephine , I do thank you all for your response(s). What follows as answers - is brief (for me). 1. Pain levels vary... I start most days at maybe a 2-3... and once i am up and around for a couple of hours this becomes 5-7 (occasionally a little worse). As you become more used...
  12. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Good morning (also) Dabber - I missed your response as I was writing my typically long-winded answers to Celle's and Josephine's previous queries. I am so sorry to hear of your continuing problems and wish you "better" immediately. I think most of us (with problem TKR's) were essentially assured...
  13. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Good Morning (here), Jamie, @Josephine , Celle, and Jordan6 - Thank you all for your responses and concern - Jordan6... I am very sorry to hear of your similar experience... and certainly wish you a far better future outcome. I don't wish this experience - on anyone. It is difficult to "talk...
  14. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Dear Jamie, @Josephine , and Celle - First - Thanks for your responses. To answer your general questions first: Yes (to all) on asking me whatever questions you need to. Of course I understand that to offer suggestions, advice, etc., you (all) need to understand the particulars of my...
  15. O

    Revision TKR Two year plus odyssey - no end in sight yet<

    Good morning all - I apologize in advance for the length of this posting. These are not "short stories". Other than where I am "just bitching", I have tried to give clear information regarding what has been done (so far) and the results of these (if any). This is for the purpose of allowing...
Back
Top Bottom