Recent content by Orange Blossom

  1. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    Rode 16 miles and climbed a little over 1200 ft. the other day. Payed for it the next day or so. Felt good to be back on the road though.
  2. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    Rode 2 miles in a controlled area on my road bike this afternoon. It was very painful and stiff. I had to warm up my knee before it would make the rotation. I had to stop because of the pain.
  3. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    In therapy today with a young lady who was 78. She had a RTKR last Tuesday. Her rom is already 120’. Im fighting for 110’ after 6 weeks. I’m very happy for her. I wish I would have had a chance to ask what her secret is but I was to busy laying on my back crying out in pain while a guy laid on...
  4. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    Thanks all for the advice. Sistersinhim, wow! Broke legs with a new TKR. Now that’s tough! Not sure I want to hear that story. I am an avid cyclist and have logged 6k plus this year on the road. I have the cold weather gear for longs trips up the mountain. Living in this area it is a necessity...
  5. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    Thanks sistersinhim. I notice you have the Virginia Creeper Trail in the back ground on your picture. I live near the trail in Meadowview. I’ve made it a tradition to ride from the trail head to the trail end on Whitetop and back every January 1 (around 66-67 miles) the past four years...
  6. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    Thanks Wendy. Sounds like your doing well but struggling with the patience thing as well as myself. I appreciate the advice. I rode a mile on the stationary bike last night. With every rotation I had to adjust and lift with my hip. It got very painful at the end of the spin. It’s just...
  7. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    6 weeks PO. Still a lot of swelling, pain, and stiffness. I’m off the cane. Still having trouble staying asleep at night, although I can at least stay in my bed most of the night without walking the floors. Therapist got me to 105. Feels like I’ve kinda stayed stuck there all week. If I raise...
  8. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    31 days PO and I’ve developed a shooting pain down the outside of my knee/leg. I guess this is the IT Band? Any known stretches to fix this? Having trouble straightening my leg as well.
  9. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    Thanks. I just returned home from PT. My therapist got me to 95* today. I’ll be (4) weeks PO tomorrow. Is 95* around average or a bit below average.
  10. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    Thanks Majic, I’m almost four weeks PO and still can’t turn a pedal over. I had a horrible night last night with the pain and swelling. I thought I was getting past this after a (2) good nights. It was a constant pain. My hip is now hurting along with foot as well. My foot gets real cold, goes...
  11. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    Thanks Celle, your responses have been comforting. I just got back from therapy. It can be rather depressing when you see your body can no longer do what it used to do well. The past few days I have been having trouble straightening my leg. Is this normal? Is this a product of the swelling as...
  12. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    Thanks for the advice. It just seems this whole recovery is in slow motion. No sleep. Swelling is a daily struggle and the pain is constantly there. It can only get better!
  13. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    November 5, 2019/ Right knee.
  14. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    Hello all. I am a new member of bonesmart. I feel very fortunate to have stumbled across this site and read the very informative experiences of my fellow TKR recipients. Here’s my story so far: I am currently 21 days PO RTKR. 44 year old male. The pain has been much more than I had expected. I...
  15. Orange Blossom

    TKR Cycle again?

    I am 44 years old, 21 days post op from a RTKR. I have posted 6500 miles this year on Strava. Unfortunately, this surgery has put a stop to that. I cannot turn the pedals over on a bike yet due to stiffness (leg just won’t bend). When will I be able to turn the pedals over and get back on the...
Back
Top Bottom