Recent content by onthego

  1. O

    PKR bilateral patellofemoral knee replacement 12/06/13

    Just wanted to update - will be 2 weeks since my surgery. I am doing very well. I went to doctor on Tuesday 17th and had stitches removed, walked with assistance of my walking stick, was told I was 2-3 weeks ahead of where I should be after surgery. On Wednesday saw therapist who signed me off...
  2. O

    PKR bilateral patellofemoral knee replacement 12/06/13

    Josephine: That was supposed to be pain pill. My surgery was one week ago today. This web site is wonderful and has been extremely helpful and encouraging. I have had basically a pain - free recovery. Today I saw PT for third time. I have been doing the exercises I was told to do. I changed from...
  3. O

    PKR bilateral patellofemoral knee replacement 12/06/13

    Hello to my new Bonesmart friends. Just wanted to give you an update. I had my surgery last Friday ( the 6th) at 4pm. Was up walking on Saturday, walked 80 steps Sunday, 200 steps on Monday, and then came home from hospital. I had a little pain on Saturday night in right knee, but other than...
  4. O

    PKR bilateral patellofemoral knee replacement 12/06/13

    67 hours post surgery. I walked 200 feet this morning.y Rom on left leg is 100 and on left 105. They are sending me home. The pain is not too bad, hopefully it stays that way. I start in home therapy tomorrow. Sarah
  5. O

    PKR bilateral patellofemoral knee replacement 12/06/13

    Surgery was 4pm Friday, approx. 50 hours. I had absolutely no pain until last night around 9pm. I' m sure it was not as terrrible, but after no pain at all, it seemed bad to me. I have been on the cpm and the ice machines continuosly since my surgery. The ice machines are wonderful. Both the ice...
  6. O

    PKR bilateral patellofemoral knee replacement 12/06/13

    31hours after surgery....walked 50 feet this morning, 80 feet in the afternoon. Am taking pain pills every four hours, have just now started feeling a little discomfort in right knee. So far, so good.
  7. O

    PKR bilateral patellofemoral knee replacement 12/06/13

    Thanks for all the encouragement. 19 hours since my surgery. Still no pain, I have had 4 pain pills, have walked 50 feet. They have warned me the pain will come (as you all have) so I am forewarned. Have been on cpm and ice machines since surgery. The hospital and staff and food are wonderful...
  8. O

    PKR bilateral patellofemoral knee replacement 12/06/13

    Still awake....left knee on cpm for 4 hours, now on right knee doing ankle pumps on both legs. They gave me a vicodan although I have had no pain yet. I hope tomorrow continues to go as smoothly. Haven't been up yet as my I had a late surgery today. I can't say enough about my surgeon, the staff...
  9. O

    PKR bilateral patellofemoral knee replacement 12/06/13

    To all my wonderful " cheerleaders" . My surgery was at 3pm. I was back in my room by 6pm feeling marvelous. I have already been on the cpm for two hours on the left leg. They will be channging to my right leg. My biggest concern was getting something to eat, I was starving. I would have posted...
  10. O

    surgery on 6th

    Not really brave, but my knees have been bad since I started dislocating them when I was 12. I am ready and will only have to do it once, hopefully. This site is wonderful and I told my pre- surgery class of about 30 people about it and no one was familiar with it. Thank you all for being out there!
  11. O

    surgery on 6th

    Thank you Josephine, I have actually printed and framed the Mantra! I work for a British company in the States and am looking forward to my surgery and pain free knees and getting back to my job.
  12. O

    Four more days

    I have made some and have used 1 cup rubbing alcohol to two cups water. Good luck.
  13. O

    surgery on 6th

    Very happy to have found this site and have read everything (probably several times), but my surgery is this coming Friday (the 6th) and I haven' t read that many articles on having both knees done at the same time. Would appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks.
  14. O

    Dec. 6, bilateral partial

    Found this site, looks great, any info appreciated.
Back
Top Bottom