Recent content by OneHipDone

  1. OneHipDone

    THR Numb thigh four months post op

    I am just four months post op with minimally invasive anterior approach. I have an 8cm incision front/side of thigh. From immediately post op, I have remained totally numb from the outside (lateral aspect) of the knee all the way to the hip on the outside and front of the thigh. This is a...
  2. OneHipDone

    Nerves coming to life again

    Hi Bill, I can imagine how you felt with your two grandsons around and they would have been full of beans at those ages too. Good idea to wear your tee shirt when out and about. I might design one for myself with two parts bionic. I ended up having a nap in the lazy boy chair before dinner...
  3. OneHipDone

    Nerves coming to life again

    I'm at my 3 week anniversary today and walking around house and garden without stick. Been to shopping mall and supermarket again but have to admit I feel a bit vulnerable with shopping trolleys etc in all directions around me. Had a big day yesterday drove to shops, visited two friends and...
  4. OneHipDone

    Nerves coming to life again

    Thanks everyone for your posts on numbness experiences, seems like most of us are in the same boat. Only had a couple electric shocks today. Walked around house nearly all day with no stick. Had to sit and do accounts this morning at computer and that got a bit uncomfortable. I drove the car...
  5. OneHipDone

    Nerves coming to life again

    Thank you for your messages, and the nerve pains made me jump today! Just like electric shocks down toward the knee. I saw the surgeon for post op check this morning and he said they take the form of electric shocks, tingles and a crawling feeling! Lovely! Bill I see you had your surgery last...
  6. OneHipDone

    Nerves coming to life again

    I am two and a half weeks post op for R THR, direct anterior approach and whilst my whole thigh to the knee is numb, I feel the nerves are slowly waking up today with lots of electric shock nerve pains in the thigh. Saw the surgeon today and he is happy. Still walking with a stick, but can walk...
  7. OneHipDone

    THR FAI + 2 scopes = THR

    I am 8 days post op for anterior approach and thigh is totally numb still but yes am experiencing a sort of twitching/fizzing feeling in the thigh. Wondering if it is the nerves slowly waking up. Can walk length of house without stick, a far cry from first hip 5yr ago and on crutches 8 wks.
  8. OneHipDone

    THR Two Hips Now Done!

    Seem to have lost a post I wrote earlier today about the Betadine iodine surgical wash. Interested to know if anyone has ended up with allergic reaction. On day 3 post op I got large very itchy welts on my thighs, bottom, waist / hip areas and it's getting bigger and itchier. Otherwise apart...
  9. OneHipDone

    THR Two Hips Now Done!

    Hi hippies, a question for you. I had Betadine solution applies to hip/thigh/bum before theatre and 4th day post op I started getting large red intensely itchy welts on thigh, bum side of hip. I am thinking this is a reaction to the Betadine wash. It's not getting better, but worse. Have you...
  10. OneHipDone

    THR Two Hips Now Done!

    Thanks Claire, we are a matching pair! I've just had same in my right hip as you have!
  11. OneHipDone

    THR Two Hips Now Done!

    Thank you nogods, yes, not feeling too bad. Just back from a morning of gentle walkies, sitting in the sun having a coffee etc, time to put feet up shortly. This time 5 yrs ago, I was still on two crutches after my posterior approach. I know I am walking better this time with one stick. The...
  12. OneHipDone

    THR Two Hips Now Done!

    Came home yesterday and today just had walkies, a coffee and small walkies to the car. Still a bit tired but good sleep at home last night. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. OneHipDone

    THR Two Hips Now Done!

    Slept around 3hrs last night. I'll look forward to going home today and getting some good night time sleep. Here's a photo from walkies last night, we did a couple of circuits. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. OneHipDone

    THR Two Hips Now Done!

    Waited until 11pm for my 9pm pain killers then rang the bell, hopefully they will start working very soon. Been walking with just a stick and waled up and down stairs today. Home tomorrow all going well.
  15. OneHipDone

    THR Two Hips Now Done!

    Today, day 3 post op and went from walker to stick and up and down stairs. Still pretty sore but great not having to go onto crutches. Can now get back into bed on my own too. Have been up in chair all morning but will probably go onto bed after lunch walkies.
Back
Top Bottom