Recent content by Oliver7598

  1. O

    THR TRHR Recovery

    Hip doing OK. Some pain once in a while. Right leg still weak compared to left. i’ve been taking water aerobics classes, which really helps given there’s no stress on the hip. Knees still hurt after 2 1/2 years somewhat. Cheers Clay.
  2. O

    THR TRHR Recovery

    5 days out from TRHR. Having gone through BLKR two years ago, the hip recovery I way easier.
  3. O

    THR THR in December

    Hello. I had BTKR two years ago. They still hurt some. I am scheduled for a RTHR here in early December. I went to see the surgeon couple days ago to talk about the Hip Replacement. I took the opportunity to whine about my knees so he wiggled them around a bit and said the pain was...
  4. O

    THR THR in December

    Hi. Surgery is set for December 2. I am actually looking forward to it. Right now I have difficulty walking quickly, can’t tie my shoe or put on socks. Cheers Clay
  5. O

    THR THR in December

    Hi All. I had bilateral knee replacements two years ago November. They still bothered me somewhat. A lot of my friends who’ve had knee replacements have no pain whatsoever. Not a great experience but they’re better than they were before the surgery. Anyway I’m coming up for the right hip...
  6. O

    Bilateral TKR Oliver7598’s Bilateral TKR

    Ok, I am 13 months out from BTKR. both Knees still have low grade pain just sitting around kinda in front of the knee cap. They hurt on both sides getting up from a sitting position along the outside of the knee caps. I have lots of friends with BLKR and none of them have these pains. The...
  7. O

    Bilateral TKR Oliver7598’s Bilateral TKR

    I have on going low grade pain in both knees 9 months post BLTKR. It doesn’t really hurt to move my knees except after they sit bent for awhile. Anybody have any similar experiences. Clay
  8. O

    Bilateral TKR Oliver7598’s Bilateral TKR

    Had my 6 mo check up with the surgeon. Everything good to go. Range of motion about 130. So finally I can walk pain free, play golf etc. so for those with recent TKR, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
  9. O

    Bilateral TKR Oliver7598’s Bilateral TKR

    I was walking to a baseball game the other day, and I tripped on a piece of exposed concrete. I landed right on my right knee hard. Obviously it hurt for a few minutes but there’s no permanent damage. I guess these new knees are pretty strong.
  10. O

    Bilateral TKR Oliver7598’s Bilateral TKR

    Thanks for the light at the end of the tunnel. I was flying back from Portugal last week. A woman was standing waiting for the toilet swinging her lag back and forth. I said "Knee replacement?" She said "yep" This seems to be one exercise that helps loosen them up after sitting awhile.
  11. O

    Bilateral TKR Oliver7598’s Bilateral TKR

    I went to my physiotherapist this week. See did a lot of stretching and massage which has helped a lot. I probably just pushed it too hard over the last couple weeks.
  12. O

    Bilateral TKR Oliver7598’s Bilateral TKR

    I might have over done it lately. My left knee is pretty sore all the time and seems to be getting worse. What are the initial symptoms of an infection?
  13. O

    Bilateral TKR Oliver7598’s Bilateral TKR

    I decided that if I was going to get TKR I would do them both at the same time to go thru the hell only once. It was a little rough getting around for the first 3-4 weeks but not having a "good" leg meant not favoring one or the other. We have been playing golf (with a cart) for the last couple...
  14. O

    Bilateral TKR Oliver7598’s Bilateral TKR

    Thanks for the feed back. My biggest issue right now is going down stairs. It kind of bites under the knee cap with each step. Other wise I am able to do pretty much what I want. Hiking, golfing, I walk a couple miles a day. But I do get tired easily.
  15. O

    Bilateral TKR Oliver7598’s Bilateral TKR

    Hi All. I just found this forum. I had bi-lateral TKR November 10, 2022. Some where I was told that after 3 months I would be back to normal...yah, not so much. What is the expectation for pain free knees. I talked to a guy who had TKR and told me it took him a year
Back
Top Bottom