Recent content by OhCalcutta

  1. O

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    I think this is a pretty neat pic. This is my scar at 12 days. No stitches. The incision is held together with zip ties! All I had to do was peel off the clear bandage after 3 weeks.
  2. O

    THR Right Hip THA Anterior approach Nov 16

    Hi All i saw my Doc at 6 weeks and got the ok to golf as long as I was careful. My first round was at 8 weeks on Jan 9 And just finished my 3 round today. My hip is fine…no pain. My mid back is stiffening up after golf. Could be I am out of shape or trying to be too careful when swinging...
  3. O

    THR Right Hip THA Anterior approach Nov 16

    I am now 4 weeks post up. Went to out patient PT on Monday. PT says I am doing well at this stage..no pain, no assistance, can do stairs. He said goal now is to get the new ball moving easily in the new socket so I have a bunch of stretching exercises. I told PT that MY goal is to be golfing on...
  4. O

    THR One year anniversary THR

    Your story is inspiring! I am 2 weeks post op. My golf goal is 7 weeks…post op appt with my surgeon is 6 weeks. I’m feeling good, doing all the exercises, only on Tylenol as needed….fingers crossed
  5. O

    THR Right Hip THA Anterior approach Nov 16

    I tore my hip labrum which caused the pain. I don’t have a labrum now I believe that having goals helps with recovery. I played my first full round of golf after last year’s TKA at 9 weeks post op and never looked back. So my goal now is Jan 7. I see the surgeon on Dec 30. If he says ok, I will...
  6. O

    THR Right Hip THA Anterior approach Nov 16

    All I know is that he said “no restrictions”…if it doesn’t hurt its okay
  7. O

    THR Right Hip THA Anterior approach Nov 16

    I had a TKA on May 3 2021. Comparing both, I would say THA worse…not because of pain but anesthesia and constipation. Morning nausea and constipation for 6 days….had neither with TKA! My need for a new hip came up fairly quickly. After golf school last November, I was really working a lot on my...
  8. O

    TKR Custom TKR Left Knee on May 3, 2021

    My left TKR in May 2021 was painless and recovery much better than ever expected. on November 16, I will be getting a right THR! This was not in the plans! Six months after my knee, I went to 4 days of golf school. 8 hours a day..2 students and one instructor. I felt so good that during school...
  9. O

    TKR Share Your Knee Straightening Journey

    You all sound like you are doing pretty well to me. Don’t rush things…there is a lot of cut up tissue under your skin that also takes time to heal. I had my left TKR on May 3, 2021. I was very lucky to have had almost no pain; however I still followed all instructions which were to keep my knee...
  10. O

    TKR Custom TKR Left Knee on May 3, 2021

    i don’t know why I have been so lucky to have a mostly pain free recovery. I asked my PT about Conformis vs off the shelf and he said based on his experience we are all the same at the 6 mos post surgery mark. I asked about the painless recovery and he credited my surgeon who has Performed over...
  11. O

    TKR Custom TKR Left Knee on May 3, 2021

    Hi All yesterday I completed 9 full weeks post op and rewarded myself with a full round of golf. I wasn’t sure what to expect but thought I would be ok and got approval from my PT. The round went very well. No pain at all in my knee and I was not favoring it either. While I rode in a cart, I did...
  12. O

    TKR Custom TKR Left Knee on May 3, 2021

    Pumpkin my age is wrong...I am 67 and not 57. How do I fix? ty
  13. O

    TKR Custom TKR Left Knee on May 3, 2021

    Hi Thank you for all your comments! i am now 23 days post op! Pain level out of 10 has averaged 1-2. I did have one night where I posted a 4 but it was mostly achy and just kept me from sleeping. I started out patient PT last week and have weekly visits set up. I am still following the FORCE...
  14. O

    TKR Custom TKR Left Knee on May 3, 2021

    My TKR surgery was on Monday morning, May 3. I am female, age 67. I was discharged and sent home at 3 pm the same day. I received a custom Conformis iTotal prosthesis. My story is a little different from the others I have read. I hope my story gives you hope for a speedy recovery! Pre-Surgery...
Back
Top Bottom