Recent content by ohaya

  1. O

    THR Intermittent pain in outer thigh after Left THR

    Hi, I had a THR done on my left hip in September 2022. After that surgery, which was my 2nd THR (the right THR was 10+ years ago) I noted intermittent pain/soreness in a small area on outer left thigh, about halfway between the hip and the knee (NOTE: I only started having this pain after the...
  2. O

    THR Intermittent pain in outer thigh after Left THR

    Hi All, Just wanted to let everyone know that the appt with the doc went well. He took Xrays of both hips, and he said everything looked all right! The stomach pain hasn't occurred again also So I think that I am good to go. Thanks! Jim
  3. O

    THR Intermittent pain in outer thigh after Left THR

    dnordo220, Funny that you should mention that (hernia). I actually had a hernia earlier this year and had surgery done for it. Another coincidence is that now that you mention it... the pain I am feeling was very similar to what preceded me going to see the doctor back then when I had the...
  4. O

    THR Intermittent pain in outer thigh after Left THR

    Hi Deb, My right THR was on 9/28/2022. My plan is to take it easy on the gym until I see the doc this week. Thanks, Jim
  5. O

    THR Intermittent pain in outer thigh after Left THR

    Hi, It's been a REALLY long time since I've been here. I had my right hip replacement done 10+ years ago, and then last September (1 year and 1 month before this post) I got my left hip replaced. Recently, I decided to join a gym, to try to lose some weight. That was about a 1+ months ago...
  6. O

    Wednesday August 16 is my surgery.

    I've always heard that surgery earlier in the morning is better - so that is a good sign :)!! Best of luck and "see you on the other side"!
  7. O

    Meniscus tear repair and recovery questions

    Thanks for ALL of the answers and apologies in advance for all the questions and for "being all over the place" with my questions, but, right or wrong (and maybe it is just me), the schedule we are on is kind of making me try to get info and make decisions. Anyway, ok this may sound stupid...
  8. O

    Finally Doing This!

    Best of luck!
  9. O

    Seeing OS in two weeks

    spaknitter, My apologies - I don't want to "hijack" your thread, but was wondering (maybe a little dis-sensitive, sorry) if you could describe the pain? I am considering arthroscopy for meniscus tear, and I have a thread on it, but what I feel isn't so much "pain" but more that my knees feel...
  10. O

    Meniscus tear repair and recovery questions

    Oops and a third question: Would it be possible to do the arthro on both left and right at the same time? Is that a good thing or a bad thing (I mean having both knees recovering)?
  11. O

    Meniscus tear repair and recovery questions

    Arttie (et al), Sorry one more question: Were there any restrictions during your recovery from artho? I mean could you work (sitting or standing at computer) during the recovery and how soon after the surgery could you do that? Thanks, Jim
  12. O

    Meniscus tear repair and recovery questions

    So All, Can I ask one more question for the folks that HAVE gotten the meniscus trimming/arthroscopy done (and bought some time before TKR), do you know if, by doing the arthroscopy, when you do do the TKR, if having put off the TKR for 'x' years, does it do any harm (e.g., makes TKR worst or...
  13. O

    Meniscus tear repair and recovery questions

    Artie, Wow! Thanks for the detailed info!! Jim
  14. O

    Meniscus tear repair and recovery questions

    To be clear (and honest), I know that these are all decisions that I have to make myself. I guess (a) I am really surprised at how fast things are happening and (b) ever since having my hip replacement, we (both my wife and I) have been deathly afraid of having to do a knee replacement...
  15. O

    Meniscus tear repair and recovery questions

    BTW another factor is that I am tentatively planning to get the left hip replaced after we get back. Hoping that would also help as we (wife me and doctor) think leg length difference may be cause for knee problem?
Back
Top Bottom