Recent content by Ny grandma

  1. Ny grandma

    TKR Ny grandma's Knee Replacement Nov 10th

    Hi All its 9 weeks and honestly I’m getting very upset with my recovery. I’m walking fine, stairs are no problem and my Physical Therapist is great. BUT I still can’t sleep at night, and I am in alot of pain. My biggest concern is in addition to pain above knee, below knee, right side of knee...
  2. Ny grandma

    TKR Ny grandma's Knee Replacement Nov 10th

    Hello all 6 weeks today... doing well with range of motion and walking, stairs etc. I still have pain at night and can’t sleep. my knee is still swollen. Today it look like the skin is darker and it feels warm to touch. I’m going to wait till morning and if it still feels this way I’m going to...
  3. Ny grandma

    TKR Help!

    Hi. I had my knee replacement Nov 10. I too have pain . I can’t take pain pills so it’s been a long recovery... I’m on 7 weeks and the pain is not that bad... hang in there
  4. Ny grandma

    TKR MariaB in recovery

    Thanks for this thread. I’m having good and bad days too. And sleeping is a nightmare. Thanks for sharing your experiences
  5. Ny grandma

    TKR Newbie - Right TKR on 11/13/2020

    I wasn’t prepared either, I thought I was going for a second opinion on pain management but here I am! Mine was 11/10/20. I agree with you it hasn’t been easy but it is a definite improvement.good luck
  6. Ny grandma

    TKR Ny grandma's Knee Replacement Nov 10th

    Hi All. Well it’s 6 weeks and there is a lot of improvements. Walking without the cane, driving, going up and down stairs without problems. Range of motion is good. Actually able to use the bike. Scar is actually looking better.My only problem is pain at night. Still can’t sleep well. Tried...
  7. Ny grandma

    TKR Ny grandma's Knee Replacement Nov 10th

    I have the heating pad that heats up in the microwave. So when it gets cold I can reheat it
  8. Ny grandma

    TKR Ny grandma's Knee Replacement Nov 10th

    its nice to know I’m not alone. I am seeing two physical therapists(on different days of course). One tells me she thinks I’m doing to much and the Guy thinks that’s not the reason.I will ask the doctor about the nerve.. I think mine is a muscle. We have 14 inches of snow so I’m nervous going...
  9. Ny grandma

    TKR Ny grandma's Knee Replacement Nov 10th

    Hi... thank you,thank you ,thank you.. I used a heating pad last night and it worked! I got 6 hours sleep before I had to put the heating pad on again.. you made my Christmas. Best present yet!
  10. Ny grandma

    TKR Ny grandma's Knee Replacement Nov 10th

    Hi.. how are you doing?
  11. Ny grandma

    TKR Ny grandma's Knee Replacement Nov 10th

    Thanks for the info.. will definitely try it
  12. Ny grandma

    TKR TKR Pain

    Hi.. I am post op 5 weeks. I can’t take any medicine either because it makes me dizzy and vomiting . My days are good but the nights are horrible. I’ Feel your pain! Good luck
  13. Ny grandma

    TKR Ny grandma's Knee Replacement Nov 10th

    Hi All.. 5 weeks in. Almost without cane.. going up stairs normally, just almost able to go down stairs normally. pain is minimal but at night... it’s a horror! still can’t sleep. my question. The pain at night is from the outside of the knee down the lower leg. Did anyone else have this? I...
  14. Ny grandma

    TKR Ny grandma's Knee Replacement Nov 10th

    Hi All. Well it’s 4 weeks and things are going well but there have been several bumps on the road to recovery. I still can’t find the right pain killer , Tylenol just isn’t cutting it. Some one said to try to combo it with Motrin or alleve. Any suggestions on that. Am starting to move around the...
Back
Top Bottom