Hi Layla
thanks for your enquiry. The consultant was pleased with my progress but still saying to push through the pain with the exercises. I’m not pushing myself as hard as before as my knee is still swollen. My knee bend is coming along well but nothing happening with my extension. I feel...
Hi Cancan girl. Sorry I’ve only just realised I had some replies to my messages! I’m now 11 weeks post op. The nausea did eventually go soon after my previous post and my general upset stomach. I lost some weight which was a good side effect, but my appetite is back now! 8 weeks post op seemed...
Hi Socman. Re your sleep issues - I think that has been one of the worst things for me. I’ve never been a good sleeper anyway, and take one quarter of a sleeping tablet each night. (I’m in the U.K. and take zopiclone) I’m 11 weeks post surgery now and I well remember the awful nights I went...
Thank you. I’ve read all the other similar stories on here. I shouldnt have pushed for three days when it was obviously hurting! I just felt I had been a bit lazy.
Hi everyone. I’m six weeks on from my op on 3 Jan. Well this is a familiar story and not one I thought I would be writing! I saw my physio this week (I hadn’t seen her for about 3 weeks as I’ve been having hydrotherapy and she was off sick one week). She measured my bend and extension and I was...
Hi Chicklady. I had my knee replacement in January and went the private route. It would have taken me six months to even see a consultant on the NHS and then at least a years wait on their list. I’m in the Hampshire area. I would have had to wait 6 weeks for the private op, but then got a...
Hi Nan. I’m just up to 5 weeks post op now. About a week ago the area behind my knee started hurting more. There had always been some pain there since the op, but it seems to be getting worse now. I do the exercises at home that the physio gave me and have had a couple of physio appointments...
HI Layla. Yes I am feeling much better thank you, and the nausea just suddenly disappeared. I had hydrotherapy during the week which was great, but made me realise that my other leg (right) is very weak and probably needs a lot more work. It kept floating away. I had an op 11 years ago to remove...
Hi first post. I had my knee replacement on 3 January and now three weeks on I haven’t taken any medication for about a week. I had a little nausea after the op and then again a few days after coming home, and my doctor prescribed anti nausea meds which seemed to help and it disappeared. I was...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.