I’m finding that as long as I use good form, I can safely lift a fair amount of weight in the gym. Lifting for years has given me good bone density. I’ve also changed my reps from 8-12 up to 15-20. I’m overall very impressed with how well this hip replacement is working out.
I think that running is probably ok if it is short distance. I may try it on a rubberized track sometime. I never loved running, but I am really enjoying my ebike. Lots of fun on hills and windy days. I also enjoy weightlifting. I made sure that my surgeon was ok with it.
I have been biking pretty hard, and I notice that lately, it feels like the muscles or ligaments around my hip are a little tight. The pain is pretty mild, but I have read horror stories of people who have damaged their hip replacement. Is it common for people who exercise a little bit too...
Thank you. My hip feels great. So far, I am able to ride my bike and lift weights without any pain. I kind of miss running, but riding my bike is a pretty good replacement activity. It is nice having a fully functioning hip again, so I don't want to take needless risks that might cause damage.
Thank you.
The hip feels great!
Biking feels better than before since I no longer have pain. At the gym, I can carry around the 95 pound dumbells with no pain. (Upper body) I have not yet had a leg workout, but I plan on easing back into those and stay pretty light for a while.
Outdoor biking has been great. It’s good exercise and has not hurt my hip. I have also been able to go back to upper body weightlifting at the gym. I feel good now, and don’t want to take any chances on ruining my new hip, so I plan on gradually increasing weight on lower body workouts.
Thanks. I like the little character on the bike!
I was able to have my first bike ride. I rode 8 miles and I didn’t push it too hard. It felt great to get the leg muscles working again. I have to be honest. I find walking to be pretty boring. I much prefer biking and the gym. I’m going to...
Thank you. Yes, the walks seem to help. I’m pretty anxious to ride my bike. I’m waiting to hear back from the doctor for permission. I still have a little pain and numbness at the incision site. I’m guessing it is from the muscles that were stretched. It gets a little better every day.
So my wife is keeping the mowing job for at least another month, which is fine. Better safe than sorry.
I am walking on my own now pretty much all of the time unassisted. My leg is still swollen near the incision area, but it is slowly getting better. I was able to walk 6 miles today and I...
Thank you. That makes sense. My wife was able to mow yesterday and did a really good job. She can mow a few more times. It has been a really dry summer, so we may not need to mow for quite a while. I will definitely take your advice and let my hip recover without putting too much stress on it...
I was wondering, if my swelling is gone and I am walking normally by the end of week 4, would it be safe for me to use my push lawn mower? I have a flat yard, and I don’t have to lift anything. i didn't know if pushing it would possibly cause damage.
It has been 14 days since my surgery. No pain, just a little swelling. I am doing laps around the neighborhood in the walker and using a cain inside. The doctor gave me the ok to help around the house more as well as drive since it was my left hip that was replaced. Also, it is great that I can...
I am getting around pretty well in a walker. Would it be beneficial if I eventually transition to a cane before walking on my own? It has only been 5 days since my surgery. Also, I am finding that I shouldn't be too eager to stop taking tramadol. It makes me a little dizzy, but keeps me from...
Just had left hip replaced Wednesday morning. (Anterior method). I highly recommend having surgery early in the morning if possible. All went well. I found that I felt a whole lot better after I had a good meal along with my pain meds. They also gave me anti nausea meds which helped a lot. Home...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.