Thank you Layla. My recovery has been great and thank you for checking with me. Warming here so been able to hit a few golf balls. I hope all here stay safe and wish those with recent surgeries recover quickly.
God Bless!
Thanks, yes seems to go quickly. My LHTR went pretty smoothly and happy for thought. I was told about the initial numbness to expect and maybe I’m being impatient but still have the nerve numbness around where hip was replaced. Maybe the next 3 months will see this subside???
I think it’s a case by case situation. Honestly I have already hit a few balls swinging about 60% without any issue. Think our body’s feedback is the best judge of this. I know at 12 weeks there should be no issue for me to be swinging 100% :loll:
Hi all, checking in 2 months post surgery. My recovery continues to go well and my PT will be done in about a week. As I mentioned earlier my Therapist was gentle and worked me at my pace so I felt the PT was very helpful. I’m looking forward to warmer weather and golf season. Wishing you all...
Yesterday marked the 5 week point since my TLHR. I have been very blessed to this point and am walking 30 - 40 minutes for excercise per day divided into 2 sessions (20 minutes each). I am continuing my PT which has gone well. I hope that everyone here had a good Christmas and hope each new day...
I agree with Eman85. Had THR on 11/22 and chose spinal with sedation. I awoke being taken back to my room clear headed very quickly and immediately ordered flat bread pizza with chocolate shake :) Any leg numbness was gone quickly.
I said I was a man lol. The best encouragement I have received on this site is from women, go figure lol. Mojo, Cricket hip and others but us men obviously like to debate and argue and be right lol. I went into my surgery as educated and read as much as possible looking at info on pre and post...
The bottom line imo is do what you feel is best for you. I have not told people on here who are doing no PT that they need to change course. People I know first hand in my local who have had THP have said be sure to do the PT as it was beneficial. It’s your hip and your recovery. I did the pre...
Eman, the same could be said for having surgery in the first place. Should I tell my OS and PT they don’t have my recovery interest as a priority but are only concerned about profits! I am 67 and retired so Medicare and my supplement have no interest in getting me back to work. I have known my...
I will continue Wednesday of next week only then I believe 2 days the following week. I do trust my PT, very conscientious. We all heal at a different pace, I stand by if it hurts or feels uncomfortable don’t do it. Other than the skin flare up I’ve been blessed to heal quickly. No narcotics...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.