Recent content by Nlh61

  1. Nlh61

    TKR MAKO robotic TKR Surgery

    I’m 6 weeks and my ROM is 120. PT is ending since I can do everything at home. I can walk through Costco, walk a mile on an indoor track (to hot in Arizona to step outside) and went back to water aerobics.
  2. Nlh61

    TKR I’m home.

    I checked in at 6 am and was home by noon. And that was a 45 minute drive time home.
  3. Nlh61

    TKR Over the rainbow but under the bridge

    I’m doing well. My bend is 115. I went to Costco today and that was a bit much but otherwise I’m doing good. I have been off pain killers since day 4, only one small bruise and that’s gone.
  4. Nlh61

    TKR I’m home.

    My check in time was 6 am and I was home before noon. My doctor says 90% of his patients go home the same day.
  5. Nlh61

    TKR good grief how long does it take to get on the schedule for surgery LOL

    I was able to schedule tkr the same day as my initial appointment. They asked when I wanted it and gave me their availability. It was 6 weeks out. My initial appointment was April 9th and my surgery was May 20th.
  6. Nlh61

    TKR Surgery June 4 (scared)

    I had tkr on my left knee on May 20, 2024. It’s only been a week and I’m walking around upstairs with any aid. No walker or cane. They’re available if I need it though. I’ve gone downstairs a few times. Went to therapy last Friday. My doctor prescribed a passive recumbent bike that I use 5 times...
  7. Nlh61

    TKR Over the rainbow but under the bridge

    I had my surgery on Monday morning. Was home by noon that same day. Yesterday the nerve block wore off and I had some major pain. Ice and pain meds help. It is so hard to get up and go to the bathroom. My knee is swollen, and very stiff. I did do some stairs yesterday. I hurt. I don’t remember...
  8. Nlh61

    TKR Nerves setting in

    I had my right knee done in 2017 and it was fine and my left will be done May 20th. My nerves are kicking in. I alternate between crying, not sleeping really well, and not really hungry. How can I make these last 9 days go well?
  9. Nlh61

    Why do people think you need to hear TKR horror stories??

    While I was waiting for my consultation on my second knee this woman and her husband came in and she is ranting and raving about how awful Mako robotic is. She didn’t understand why he wanted robotic surgery. How she’s seen all these errors and mistakes etc. Not something one wants to hear in a...
  10. Nlh61

    Pain at night

    I am having tkr on May 20th but in the meantime my knee is hurting at night. Sometimes achy, sometimes little stabbing pains. What can I do to help me sleep?
  11. Nlh61

    Tips, advice, things to ask Dr etc for potential TKR (Arizona)?

    You seem to be in Arizona as am I. I am having my left knee done May 20 by Dr. Brandon Gough. He is a pioneer in robotic surgery. He’s in Scottsdale so that can be a long drive unless you’re in the area. It‘s about a 40 minute drive for me and he is worth it. He did my first knee using robotics...
  12. Nlh61

    TKR Differences between robotic & conventional in 2024

    From what my doctor said, in one year you will most likely be in the same place regardless of which type of surgery you have. The difference is with robotics you will feel better sooner have faster results which will be encouraging in the long run. It’s just a matter of how much better you want...
  13. Nlh61

    TKR Red Light Therapy

    I was wondering if anyone has had either red light therapy and peptides for healing after knee replacement. Thanks
  14. Nlh61

    2024 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    I’m May 20th for left knee replacement.
  15. Nlh61

    TKR Red Light Therapy

    I haven’t scheduled surgery yet. I see the doctor for evaluation on April 9th.
Back
Top Bottom