It’s been several months since I posted regarding ongoing pain since my 10/15/19 right knee replacement. The pain in my shin area and in the inner kneecap region, along with the stiffness and feeling like I have a tourniquet around my knee, is relentless day and night. I’ve tried OTC and...
Thank you for checking in with me, @NewToMe! I’m still struggling and back to gentle PT after a 3 week break. Good news is that shin pain is not quite as intense. However, tourniquet feeling around knee is limiting my mobility so curbs are difficult and I wonder when/if I’ll ever be able to walk...
Love your idea of writing “functional” victories on the calendar, along with your reminder that my opinion is the only one that counts! Agree about the muscle memory too.
I need to give myself more credit rather than putting myself down and I’ve started that today thanks to the support from...
Thank you so much for your prompt and encouraging reply, Jockette. I know what you wrote is true but still it helps me enormously to hear about your own experience and to read your words of wisdom!
Right knee TKR was 10/15/19 so I’m close to 4 months out. Pain levels improving slowly but still much worse than I anticipated in both shin and knee. Maybe I’m a wimp. Feeling frustrated and like a failure as two PTs inferred, albeit in a kind way, that I’m behind schedule in terms of my gait...
I’m 5 weeks post TKR today. Rom is 115 and -5. PT is pleased but we’re both annoyed I’m limping. I feel as if I have a tight band around my knee and there’s still swelling. Graduated to a cane last week and began walking around the block but as hard as I try, I cannot bend knee when walking...
I really don’t know how I’d manage without this group! Thank you Sara61, HoppyNanny, and luvcats for your recent tips and support! I will ice more frequently and try not to overdo it. I’ve increased frequency of meds - 5 mg oxycodone to every 3-3.5 hours. The pills are 10 mg each but I felt...
Daughter left this morning but feeling quite upbeat and proud of myself for managing on my own. I slept a bit better last night with a pillow between my knees and the suggestion to celebrate the small successes keeps my spirits up. Took two showers on my own, prepared simple meals, and sat in...
Thank you for the encouraging words and information, Jaycey and Sara61. It was my right knee. I’m still working on pain control and yes I’m icing regularly and elevating. However, when elevating or resting, my right knee is most comfortable leaning outwards but the therapist said I should keep...
Just a brief introduction since I just found this group. TKR completed Tuesday and home Wednesday. Up and about and ventured briefly outside yesterday but pain remains a challenge. Finally trying to stay ahead of pain with 5 mg oxycodone every 4 to 5 hours and extra strength Tylenol in between...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.