Recent content by Nicknoc

  1. N

    THR Still in pain

    @Jacey thanks for the info, I'm sure it'll all be discussed and arranged before admission, which hopefully won't be more than a couple of years I recon
  2. N

    THR Still in pain

    @Jaycey OK thanks for the info, I was wondering as I live with my elderly mum who I doubt could help me. I suppose I'll find out if / when I get it done
  3. N

    THR Still in pain

    Thanks Jacey, I'm determined to get this done, I've been limping and been trying to sort it out since 2016 enough is enough. I've got a zoom consultantation after New year for weight loss surgery fingers crossed. Was wondering when I get my hip done do they send people into your home? For...
  4. N

    THR Still in pain

    @Jacey ahh that's a shame she required, bet she's missed. That'd be great if you could advise me I've seen Mr White, Mr greer at southend hospital and was supposed to see Mr shoaib at Orsett but didn't get to see him, not sure if there's anyone else. Not sure if my age makes a difference?
  5. N

    THR Still in pain

    Can I ask, I was looking for a surgeon on the locator as I'm in the UK I can't seem to find anyone. When I was here a few years ago Josephine (I think her name was) helped me find someone. Can anyone help me?
  6. N

    THR Still in pain

    @pumpkin thanks I hope the steroid injection helps also, they did originally say if the first injection made no difference they wouldn't do another one, thankfully they did as the first one was in completely the wrong place in my hip. Hopefully once things settle and get back to 'normal'...
  7. N

    THR Still in pain

    Hi all, I'm back it's been a while hope everyone is safe and well. Unfortunately there's no update on any kind of surgery I need it but I'm still too young as I'm under 50 I'm overweight so an anesthetic risk due to my 10 cardiac arrests for no reason that's made them a bit twitchy they've...
  8. N

    Labral Tear Labral tear. Does anyone live with it?

    @IriseKiev , I was diagnosed with a labral tear of my left hip approx 3 years ago. I was told by the consultant due to my high BMI repair wasn't an option as the equipment wouldn't be long enough to go through the layers of fat, so I've been left. Thankfully I'm not in pain I maiy get an...
  9. N

    Steroid injection

    I'll definitely give her the BHF number in case she needs it. I made her cry yesterday reading out some things people had put on the support page as she'd obviously done the same thing as when my dad had his heart attack.
  10. N

    Steroid injection

    @Jaycey Thankfully the arrhythmia nurse gave my mum her number so she rang them as she was concerned about how much I slept. I've not been offered cardiac rehab but I'm definitely going to ask for it. I've not been doing much as I'm concerned I'll do too much or maybe I'm not doing enough...
  11. N

    Steroid injection

    Hi @Jaycey yes I'm on medication and also have had an ICD fitted as per advice. My mum insists on coming everywhere with me and won't leave me in the house on my own. Can't blame her I suppose. I gave her quite a fright. Sorry to hear about your 'surprise'. Hope you are ok. Are you on medication?
  12. N

    Steroid injection

    Hi all. Hope you've all been keeping well. I had another steroid injection in June which was a lot more useful as they actually injected in my groin where I get the pain. Got a follow up appointment next week may be I can start physio? I spent most of August in hospital as I had 10 cardiac...
  13. N

    Steroid injection

    Thanks Josephine thats a great help. I'm seeing my gp tomorrow I'll ask for a referal to Mr shoaib see what happens . My BMI is 43 i think. I'm 6f1 and around 23 stone
  14. N

    Steroid injection

    @Josephine thanks, that would be great. I'm waiting for an appointment for Mr Sefreadis as I missed the last appointment due to traffic and getting lost I live in Southend. Mr Greer, Mr Bindah and Mr Raja have all said no to surgery due to age and I'm sure weight. They all wanted to go the...
  15. N

    Blue badge

    Thanks for all the replies I guessed that would be the outcome I thought I may try as there appears no surgery in sight for me . When I'm working I have to park on the 2nd floor of a multistorey car park as staff we're have to leave the bottom levels for patients. I've asked about parking in the...
Back
Top Bottom