Recent content by NextStep

  1. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    Doc's office agreed, likely related to new activities, requiring different things from the hip. Advice: ice, elevate, take it easier where possible for a few days, don't hesitate to go to emergency if signs of infection were to develop but that sounds unlikely.
  2. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    Not the first workout, but first of its kind. First significant snowfall and it broke records. First time using a snowblower in nearly 20 years yet felt it would be better than all the lifting involved with shoveling the same load of snow, given both elbow and hip status this year. Fitbit...
  3. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    It's been a while, but I have an odd question. I'd called my surgeon's office but have not heard back yet, so here goes. My (new) hip has been having a dull ache over the past few days, maybe a week. Nothing major, just an almost constant, edge of consciousness thing, and yesterday I noticed...
  4. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    Thanks, @Layla ! It's been a good month, with things settling into a more "normal" routine. I'm even getting 7 hours of sleep more days than not, though sometimes part of that comes through naps. Either way, I am thankful! Most days both the elbow and hip play nicely. I admit I have some...
  5. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    @Layla thanks! It's hard to believe. Feels like last week and like forever, sometimes all at once. Overall there's more good days than tough days, although I still find nights a little hard.. Far better than six months ago!
  6. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    Hi there folks. I was just thinking this weekend how someone reading this thread later might compare progress (and admit it, most of us find it easy to fall into that trap, right? )...and I might even forget why early on I moved from the cane as early as I did. Context? I'd had radial head...
  7. N

    THR Boofit's recovery in Hong Kong

    Knowing when to push and when to rest is great. It's the doing of it that trips me up! :heehee: Glad you were able to take a day to rest a bit!
  8. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    It's been a long but good day. I'm worn out yet that's not surprising with a rough night last night as far as sleep goes. It seems a front moved through with some heavy rain, which affects sleep since surgery. So...I have a question. Perhaps an odd one. Wondering if others have set goals or...
  9. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    @Layla and @Boofit , I appreciate the time you took to respond. I talked with a friend over lunch today, and she reminded me that not everyone starts at the same place physically. Some of us had dealt with issues prior to THR, or are still facing health challenges that some of those with...
  10. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    The past ten days or so have been challenging. Many of the days I've used the walker again, though I have moved back to the cane at times the past three or four days. It's frustrating to do so, to feel like I'm failing somehow when recovery had been moving forward pretty consistently. Monday...
  11. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    Well, a good appointment today, and a plan to manage the breakthrough pain...so things look a bit better even if pain levels have not yet shifted.
  12. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    I've had more soft tissue pain the past few days, and have fought with trying to understand "what's going on, what I'm doing wrong. " Things had seemed to be improving and now it feels like a setback. This afternoon I came up with a theory of sorts. It's felt like maybe I'd injured or pulled...
  13. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    Somehow I feel like the clock turned backwards. I've had more tenderness in the hip, sometimes pain, and I'm not sure what I've done to cause it. I've just lived life, trying not to overdo anything, to be gentle with the hip. Back to the cane. I honestly feel like using the walker today.
  14. N

    THR Onward, forward for NextStep

    Nine weeks. Seems like last week and forever, all at once. Last week I had a very full week, and was able to do most all of what I needed, although near the end of the week I reverted to using the walker for a couple days. Not absolutely necessary perhaps, but the need to carry books and walk...
  15. N

    THR And now the healing begins

    @wander03 you have been an encouragement along the way for me. Glad to have had your acquaintance on the journey -- only a day or so apart for the hips. All the best to you as you continue to full recovery!
Back
Top Bottom