Recent content by NewRightie

  1. N

    TKR Two TKRs and a broken kneecap - on the mend now!

    I was just past 1 year with my youngest knee and started getting sharp pain while moving some boxes up and down two steps in and out of the garage. I figured I’d just overdone it but the pain persisted. Went to the surgeon after maybe 3 weeks. He X-ray’d it and said the top of my patella...
  2. N

    Revision TKR Revision

    Following as my Leftie which is nearly 13 months old has developed pain on the outside and front area that make it hard to walk or do stairs.
  3. N

    TKR Sitting with knees bent at 90 degrees hurts

    Thank you! It was a good day!
  4. N

    TKR Sitting with knees bent at 90 degrees hurts

    Today's my first knee’s birthday. Having a little fun with a song.
  5. N

    TKR Sitting with knees bent at 90 degrees hurts

    Almost Rightie’s 1 year anniversary. I’m noticing a lot less noticeable pain and much less fear walking around outside than I’d had. Climbing stairs (up and down) still isn’t super easy and that is probably partially because I’ve gained weight in this process and I don’t go out of my way to...
  6. N

    TKR Sitting with knees bent at 90 degrees hurts

    @NewRightie I hope your source of pain is discovered and disappears soon!
  7. N

    TKR Sitting with knees bent at 90 degrees hurts

    My right knee is almost a year old and my left knee is 6+ months old. I was at a restaurant in a chair for 2 hours with my knees bent at 90 degrees or so and both knees in the kneecap area were getting very sore. I could only stretch my left knee out from under the table which made it happier...
  8. N

    TKR Morning stiffness

    Mine are also stiff when I wake up. It seems like any time my knees are in one position for a long time, there’s a stiffness feeling when it’s time to change positions. I do notice it’s less in my November knee than my April knee, so I’m hopeful that it’s all part of the healing process.
  9. N

    TKR LTKR nearly 6 weeks out- Questions and concerns about PT

    Wow I’m so sorry your PT was so aggressive with your baby knee! Please switch if you can. Yes, the incision can be super sensitive! In the beginning, I wore a light compression sleeve (“tubigrip they called it at PT) and that would keep my sheets from irritating the incision. The...
  10. N

    TKR Time

    For me, I had an unrealistic expectation of when I’d be ready to go back to work placed on my by a new boss and HR until I told HR it was a TKR. At that point I was so relieved that she gave me a required “fit for return to duty” form the doctor needed to fill out. At my 2 week follow up, the...
  11. N

    TKR Anxiety Meds & Opioids?

    Excellent!! You describe what I tell people who seem to think that just because I’m walking and look like my “normal” self that there’s no more pain or discomfort. We have some unpleasant discomfort as we go through the healing process. Glad they’re not worrying about swelling anymore...
  12. N

    TKR Anxiety Meds & Opioids?

    I question how a surgeon decides "your" goal. What I mean is, it seems like one of those goals that are more for the surgeon than the patient (much like parents who have goals of what careers their children will have...that don't always match the abilities, skills or desires of the children)...
  13. N

    TKR Suddenly can’t bend my knee

    Has your knee been able to bend more since the time when you posted this? If not, perhaps it's advisable to see your surgeon for x-rays to make sure everything is where it's supposed to be and a new issues hasn't occurred.
  14. N

    TKR Anxiety Meds & Opioids?

    Unless you're experiencing a lot of pain, I see no reason to add Oxy to your routine. For one thing, as soon as you start using it, they want you to wean off it...which is so annoying if a person is actually in pain and needs it longer than they deem necessary. How on earth did they...
Back
Top Bottom