Recent content by newkneesbarb

  1. N

    TKR Unique problem?

    I am 8 months out from having Bilateral and I know exactly what you are talking about! I am totally aware at all times that my knees are fake. I often feel like the tin man in the morning when I first get out of bed and I still get shoots of nerve pain on occasion. I have some clinking and...
  2. N

    TKR JackiFL's Recovery Thread

    Thinking of you and wishing you all the best! Look forward to hearing from you. Relax, it will be over before you know it!
  3. N

    Lapband and Knee Replacement anyone else?

    Hi- This is newkneesbarb. just saw your postings and wanted to reply. jackifl, How are you doing? Please feel free to private message me if you want to share knee(and/or lapband experiences) One down and one to go for you! I had both my knees done during the same operation. Did you choose to...
  4. N

    Bilateral TKR Post BTKR---Can we compare notes?

    I am wondering then, is it better to not hold a quad stretch? At PT today the therapist had me lay on my stomach with my foot in a band and bend my knee as far to my butt as I could and hold for 30 seconds. I did this 10 times easch side alternating legs. I am 11 1/2 weeks out from BTKR. I am in...
  5. N

    Bilateral TKR Luisa's road to recovery June 10th, 2013

    HI Luisa and everyone on the thread, I had my BLKR surgery July 1 so I am just over 7 weeks out. I have been watching several threads and feel as if I know you all! I did post before my surgery and started a thread in the early days of my recovery. Although I tried, it never took off. I really...
  6. N

    Bilateral TKR Anemic after surgery. Advice appreciated

    I had my surgery at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mt Kisco NY. I love my DR. He is great and has a great reputation doing over 300 knees a year. The hospital is ranked very high and I don't think it was a hospital or dr issue at all. They did use the recirculating system. I have what is...
  7. N

    Bilateral TKR Anemic after surgery. Advice appreciated

    Yes, the hospital is right next to the rehab so if I need the transfusion it will be done right there. I guess it is my best bet to go there. Because I had 2 done at once (BRAVE ME??) I want to go to an acute although alot of the subacutes are like country clubs!
  8. N

    Bilateral TKR Anemic after surgery. Advice appreciated

    Thanks for all the advice. Kaven, I am surprised the hospital didn't check your blood levels. They keep checking mine and the hospital won't let me leave and the rehab won't accept me unless I am ok.I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am ok tomorrow to be transferred. I am thinking of...
  9. N

    Bilateral TKR Anemic after surgery. Advice appreciated

    I had my bilateral knee replacement Mon. I am 4 days out. This is really hard! But Doing well except my blood levels are anemic and I have been needing blood transfusions. Anyone had this experience after surgery. I was slight anemic going in and lost a lot of blood during surgery. Any one else...
  10. N

    Bilateral TKR Going in 5 30 am tomorrow :(

    My My way, I know your surgery was today. How are you?
  11. N

    Bilateral TKR Going in 5 30 am tomorrow :(

    My My way, I know your surgery was today. How are you?
  12. N

    Bilateral TKR Going in 5 30 am tomorrow :(

    Hi all, First post from the other side. It has not been easy but know it was the right thing for me to do. Sugrery went well. In hospital, had a horrible nurse today but spoke up and think I will get good treatment from now on. Will be in hospial until Friday and then off to Burke...
  13. N

    Lapband and Knee Replacement anyone else?

    WOW, Congratulations on you weight loss, especially without the help of a tool like the lapband to help you maintain your lose! That is amazing! Yes, I look forward to when I can exercise. It has been at least ten years since I was able to do any aerobic type movements to burn calories. That was...
  14. N

    Lapband and Knee Replacement anyone else?

    Josephine- Thanks for removing the unnecessary posts. Sorry about that! Thanks for the well wishes. Denise- As a necessry precaution, before major surgery it was necessary to unfill a band. Hopefully the good eating habits I have developed will stick. I will go get an adjustment to start...
  15. N

    Lapband and Knee Replacement anyone else?

    Hi everyone. This forum has been a blessing to me. The wonderful members have helped me with my anxiety and the knowledge is so valuable. I am getting BILATERAL KNEE REPLACEMENT July 1st (tomorrow!) I have had a lapband for 5 yrs. It has been a lifesaver for me. I lost 119 lbs within a year...
Back
Top Bottom