Recent content by Newkneemelodee

  1. N

    TKR Longest Recovery

    This March 8th my knee replacement will be two years old, and to be honest, just in the past month I have been feeling way more hopeful of feeling normal. My skin around my replacement just regained feeling. My bend is finally improving to about 120. I also feel that I can trust my knee. I...
  2. N

    TKR Almost two years with tkr

    This was such a long journey and Bonesmart kept me sane. The crying and blues were so debilitating but Bonesmart and the friends made on this site made me realize it is normal. I did all the physiotherapy and my bend was slow due to swelling. I felt like I would never feel like my leg was...
  3. N

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    This is 14 months after my total right knee replacement
  4. N

    TKR Almost two years with tkr

    Hi Jockette! NewkneeMelodee here 14 months after my RTKR. What a long recovery. I still have that tight band feeling but I can sit cross legged in my bathtub and my knee is finally starting to feel like my knee. I am feeling my left knee pain, but I am not sure I would do this again. What...
  5. N

    TKR Almost two years with tkr

    I used up all of my coverage for physiotherapy, but I will go back to see what they suggest. Than you.
  6. N

    TKR Almost two years with tkr

    BBCG I am not bruised now at all but my entire leg, right to my foot , was purple. I also got a "bone blister" as the surgeon called it. I thought maybe because I bruise so much maybe I heal more slowly. I do see small improvements but it seems so minimal. I probably had unrealistic...
  7. N

    TKR Almost two years with tkr

    Some days I can walk without a limp and other days my walk is off because my calf is screaming. I worry that taking advil every day is bad for my kidneys. Hearing that your knee can improve in the second year after surgery made me feel so much better. Honestly I don't think I would do this...
  8. N

    TKR Almost two years with tkr

    Thank you for telling me this. I have calf pain often and feel like I can not trust my leg. I wonder if one day I can descend stairs like a regular person, instead of two feet on each step.
  9. N

    TKR Almost two years with tkr

    Hello friends, I have been so grateful for this forum and turn to it whenever I feel frustrated. I had a total knee replacement 11 months ago. I still do not like my new knee. I walk every day and stretch. My knee just started to have feeling in the skin around the knee cap. The pain that used...
  10. N

    TKR Almost two years with tkr

    I had my appendix out and two D and CS with a polypectomy
  11. N

    TKR Almost two years with tkr

    I only wish the doctor had been realistic and honest about the length of recovery. He pushes and is aggressive about using it. He , of course, has never had a knee replacement. I do see little improvements especially if I stretch my leg a lot before getting out of bed. Can I take Advil every...
  12. N

    TKR Almost two years with tkr

    Ghostpipe I just feel so discouraged. I don't feel like walking because it hurts. I did the rowing machine before surgery so I will do it now. Thank you for reassuring me. I am really down, and wasn't sure if it could still be my knee, or if the isolation from covid, and the worry, was...
  13. N

    TKR Almost two years with tkr

    It is seven months after my right total knee replacement and I still limp when I get up. My knee still hurts, although not in the same way as my arthritis. I just keep wondering when I will feel happy that I did this. My knee doesn't bend in the same way as it did before. I am wondering if a...
  14. N

    TKR Continued problems

    Two months is not very long. I wished I had known how long it takes to heal from this knee replacement. I am almost five months with my new knee and I fatigue easily. My knee feels tight and when I first start walking I limp. I am hopeful that I will heal in a couple more months. They say...
Back
Top Bottom