Recent content by nettie

  1. N

    TKR August

    I am two weeks ahead of you (TKR on Aug 17th, same as @Nancan who just posted before me), and I have experienced a lot of the same things your describe. The nights can still be very difficult with lack of sleep and difficulty getting comfortable. This week I had a bad experience with PT, which...
  2. N

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    I have read a lot of posts... a LOT of posts... on this forum about having the right to stop PT and having the courage to make your own decisions about your own knee. I had to do that this week. Went to physical therapy on Monday afternoon and by Monday evening was in a lot of pain. Hardly slept...
  3. N

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    @sistersinhim - I have been back to work since week 4. But because of Covid I work at home - that's the only reason I could start working again so soon. And even though I didn't have to commute anywhere or be on my feet all day, I still started work a bit too early because I was still very tired...
  4. N

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    @babycatcher - our spouses do mean well, but sometimes the comments are off the mark. I was on the recumbent exercise bike today trying to pedal in a full circle and the seat was so far back that my feet had trouble staying on the pedals. My husband suggested helpfully that it might go better if...
  5. N

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    @Muldoh... thank you for posting. I am glad to hear from those who are a bit ahead of me in recovery. I am so waiting for the day when I am not thinking so much about my knee. It's starting to happen. I think about it less and feel more like "myself", but there is certainly a long way to go...
  6. N

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    Very pleased about a breakthrough today in my physical therapy, I was able to pedal the recumbent exercise bike in a FULL CIRCLE on my own! It took 10 weeks to get here, but finally reached this milestone. What a wonderful feeling to reach a milestone that shows I am healing and regaining...
  7. N

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    So kind, thank you :SUNsmile:
  8. N

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    Thank you @lovetocookandsew. I will continue the icing and maybe even ice more often. I am already icing 3-4 times each day, but maybe I should do it more. It's hard when I already feel chilled to the bone because of a strange coldness that runs through me often, but I know how important the...
  9. N

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    Thank you @Abbylayla for such a great message of support. It's wonderful to hear from someone who is a little ahead of me in recovery, but not too far ahead that they have forgotten what 10 weeks feels like. Overall, I realize things are getting better. I know I can do more now than I could a...
  10. N

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    @Nancan - so nice to hear from someone who had surgery on the same day!! A chill went through my body when I read that you had a torn calf muscle! Ei yi yi yi!!! Yikes!!! I can’t imagine that ON TOP OF the TKR. So sorry that happened to you. So, pain medicine... I am still taking Percocet...
  11. N

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    Thanks for the encouragement @Jaycey , @Gramalita98 and @Jockette ! A question about use of heat. So far I have only used COLD treatment -- an ice machine and ice packs. I have stayed away from heat, thinking it could make swelling/inflammation worse. Not sure if this is true. During PT last...
  12. N

    TKR Nettie's knee - underestimated this surgery

    Today is 10 weeks from my Left TKR. As the name of my thread says, I underestimated this surgery. It's been much more difficult than I was expecting. ROM is still a challenge. Best ROM has been 105 so far. I've read that ROM will continue to improve as the months (and even years) go on, but...
  13. N

    Revision TKR I’m back

    @Rileyacu - It's no wonder you are frustrated and not amused! Anyone would be, with the circumstances you describe! I have no insight as to why your knee is doing what it is doing, but I just want to offer support. Somehow you will find the strength to get through this. Better days are ahead...
  14. N

    TKR 9mths and back still hurts

    @dee1001 - I had left TKR on August 17th and can relate to everything you have posted on your thread, and all the comments from others. At approx. 8 weeks out, I had hoped to be further along with my healing and recovery, but realize that I underestimated the recovery timeframe. I too struggle...
  15. N

    TKR 2 weeks post. Can't raise leg

    @Ant69 - I had the same experience of not being able to lift my leg at all, or maybe only an inch or two at most. I tried to do exercises to wake up my quad muscles, but nothing seemed to work. And then quite suddenly, out of the blue, one day I was able to lift my leg with no problem. In my...
Back
Top Bottom