Recent content by Neednewknee

  1. Neednewknee

    TKR 14 days post opp

    Eight weeks post opp. I am sleeping good, finally can stay comfortable through the night. I am off of all meds including ibuprofen. I went back to work at 7 weeks and I'm doing great. I thank everybody for their words of wisdom along the way. This communication with others that have been through...
  2. Neednewknee

    TKR 14 days post opp

    I was in hospital three days. Physical therapy twice a day in hospital. At day three I was 90 and -7 ROM. During the first two weeks I struggled with tight and painful calfs. This caused me to focus on my calfs in PT. I started being able to walk without the walker or cane at the three week...
  3. Neednewknee

    TKR 14 days post opp

    Well here is a rundown on my first 4 weeks. Neednewknee
  4. Neednewknee

    TKR JLP's Recovery<

    Good luck. Congratulations on getting your new knee today :)) Neednewknee
  5. Neednewknee

    TKR 14 days post opp

    @macduf387. Thanks for the encouragement. I plan to be up on my bike as soon as is reasonable. I have been watching the supercross. I look forward to watching that more this year than ever before. Not much else to do these days :)) Neednewknee
  6. Neednewknee

    TKR 14 days post opp

    @Josephine Lol !!! No I am not holding my breath for the whole day. :). That read different then it was meant to read :) Neednewknee
  7. Neednewknee

    TKR 14 days post opp

    Yes @Kelpie that is me. That was last year. I raced dirt bikes for almost 40 years. It is actually what started the problems in my knee. When I was 23 I shattered my knee in a dirt bike accident having reconstructive surgery to try and repair it. Ten years later on a dirt bike I broke it...
  8. Neednewknee

    TKR 14 days post opp

    Thank you Kelpie. That sounds exactly like what is going on with me. Thanks for the advice. Yes I have been stretching my toes up and holding my breath for the day it passes :) Neednewknee
  9. Neednewknee

    TKR 14 days post opp

    Well my first post since my surgery. I had total knee replacement on January 4. And surgery went well.. I was up and walking with a walker day one and had PT twice a day while in hospital. I was sent home on day three. As of my very first conscious moment after waking up from surgery, my...
  10. Neednewknee

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Three days after surgery ROM's at 99/-5
  11. Neednewknee

    Sick before surgery

    I am one week until surgery. I have a cold and am pretty congested. I will talk to my doctor tomorrow, but am wondering if they are going to postpone my surgery. Neednewknee
  12. Neednewknee

    Heading for TKR on right knee on January 6

    Im schedualed for Jan 4 th. right knee. I have had same thing happen to me. Knee stops hurting as bad and i have had second thoughts. Only takes a little while to remember that it is just getting worse and its time to get on with it. Good luck. We will be happy we did it I know. Sent from...
  13. Neednewknee

    2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Neednewknee Jan 4 2016. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. Neednewknee

    Getting close

    Thanks for all the encouragement, it is great to read your stories and hear your advice. 23 days and counting! Im ready. How long do you think until I can return to work. I am a supervisor at a warehouse. Not much lifting at all. Desk work and have a cart I drive around. Walking around is...
  15. Neednewknee

    Getting close

    Jan 4 is my surgery date. I am pretty worried about it, but confident iy is the right thing for me. @ Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom